Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, shepherd's pie (my version). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shepherd's Pie (my version) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Shepherd's Pie (my version) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. This is an 'Americanized' version of that old standard, Shepherd's Pie. You can prepare your mashed potatoes as you normally would – adding butter, milk, sour cream, whatever! "A delicious version of Shepherd's Pie.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shepherd's pie (my version) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's Pie (my version):
- Get 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
- Take 1 ground meat ( i used ground chicken breast), seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, fresh garlic and dill
- Make ready 1 small onion, diced
- Prepare 1 cup of corn, frozen or fresh (was what i had, but you can add any veggies you like)
- Take 1/3 cup of crumbled cooked bacon
- Prepare 2 cups italian blend cheese, divided
- Make ready 2 tbsp. margarine
- Take 1 milk to mash the potatoes
- Take 2 garlic cloves, mashed
I make it with lentils and mushrooms for my version and ground beef for my guy's. But it's a lot of work to make everything from scratch … love the idea of using frozen mashed potatoes if I'm running short on time! Disclosure: This recipe post is sponsored by Hatfield Quality Meats. This ham shepherd's pie recipe is a riff on the classic dish.
Steps to make Shepherd's Pie (my version):
- Cook potatoes in a boiler with salted water. Let cook until tender. Drain. Keep the lid on so they stay hot, it will be easier to mash.
- Meanwhile start cooking the meat. Add the onions, bacon, garlic and corn when meat is almost done.
- Add milk, margarine and garlic cloves to the potatoes. Start mashing, add 1 cup of the cheese. The potatoes should be soft and creamy.
- In a pan (i used an 8x8) sprayed with canola oil put half of the mashed potatoes, then add the meat then the rest of potatoes. Top with the other cup of cheese. Put on oven at 400F, for 20 minutes or cheese is golden brown.
Disclosure: This recipe post is sponsored by Hatfield Quality Meats. This ham shepherd's pie recipe is a riff on the classic dish. My version includes diced ham and veggies in a chicken gravy covered with a Cheddar mashed potato topping. My Beef Shepherd's Pie recipe has all the essential elements a traditional shepherd's pie has but not as much work. Most importantly, you get the fantastic flavor your family will love!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food shepherd's pie (my version) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!