Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, my shepherd's pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Yes, shepherd's pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British. But since I'm Scottish, I thought I'd give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral tastes.
My Shepherd's pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. My Shepherd's pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook my shepherd's pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make My Shepherd's pie:
- Take 1 lb ground turkey or chop meat
- Get 1 small onion
- Prepare 1 can beef broth
- Get 1 can corn kernals
- Prepare 1 worcestershire sauce
- Get 1 green beans fresh or canned
- Get 1 clove garlic
- Get 3 medium potatoes
- Take 1 cheddar cheese
- Get 1 milk
- Get 1 salt and pepper
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter
Also, to Lilybelle, there shouldn't be creamed corn in Shepherd's/Cottage Pie either. Disclosure: This recipe post is sponsored by Hatfield Quality Meats. This ham shepherd's pie recipe is a riff on the classic dish. My version includes diced ham and veggies in a chicken gravy covered with a Cheddar mashed potato topping.
Instructions to make My Shepherd's pie:
- i only use about a 1/4 of the can of beans and corn* Dice onions and mince garlic. Dice green beans into 1/4" bits. Mince garlic. Saute onions in a tablespoon of olive oil until starting to turn transparent. Then add beans, garlic and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook approx 5 mins.
- When veggies are done put in a bowl or plate to the side. Then start cooking turkey meat in same pan. Ground it up kinda like you would do a taco meat or chili. Cook fully. Then drain any fat.
- Throw veggies and meat back into pan. Add the 1/4 cup of beef broth and a good couple of squirts of Worcestershire sauce. Saute until the broth has been reduced a touch. About 5 to 7 mins. Taste to see if it needs salt and pepper. Turn off heat. Place to side.
- Boil a pot of water. Peel and cube potatoes. When fork tender. Drain water. Save a nice helping handful of cheese for topping. In bowl add potatoes, milk butter, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Mash the way you like your mash potatoes. I use a hand masher cause I like mine kinda thick.
- Pour meat and veggies into a corningware or Pyrex oven safe bowl or deep pan. Whatever you got that's deep. Then top with potatoes. Spread evenly so all the meat is covered. Then top off with extra cheese.
- Bake or broil in a hot ass oven until cheese is nice a melted. Serve and enjoy. Be careful cause its going to be hot
This ham shepherd's pie recipe is a riff on the classic dish. My version includes diced ham and veggies in a chicken gravy covered with a Cheddar mashed potato topping. The Best Shepherd's pie I've ever had. Being the southern girl that I am, I had a very hard time using the frozen mashed potatoes, but I broke down and made it exactly the way the recipe was given. My shepherd's pie recipe is pretty straightforward and starts the way most do.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food my shepherd's pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!