Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, shepherd's pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make, you'll enjoy making it!
Shepherd's Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Shepherd's Pie is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have shepherd's pie using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Get 1 2-4 Pounds- ground beef (I normally use 2 lbs)
- Take 2 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Get 1 can Sweet whole kernel corn
- Prepare 1 Shredded colby-jack cheese (or use the type of cheese you desire)
- Get 8 medium potatoes
- Make ready 1 Milk
- Get 1 Salt and pepper
However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling. In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies).
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Preheat oven to 375°F and get out a 13x9 baking dish.
- Start a pot on the stove for your potatoes. Fill it about 3/4 full with some hot water to speed up the boiling process. (You can use instant potatoes if you prefer.)
- Next, get a skillet or frying pan going with the beef in it. While waiting for the ground beef to brown, cube your potatoes and dump them into the pot when it's boiling.
- Empty your cream of mushroom into a bowl and add enough milk in to make it a nice somewhat thin creamy mixture. (Don't make it so thin that it's like water.) Pour that evenly over the beef.
- Evenly pour the corn over the soup mixture.
- Sprinkle however much cheese you want.
- Lastly, when you're done preparing them add the mashed potatoes. *To make it easier, what I do is plop all the potatoes in the middle. Then use a rubber spatula to start in the middle and without lifting ur spatula, drag the potatoes to the edge of the dish. When you get to the edge, clean your spatula using the dish's edge and that way it also seals the top at the same time :) (If you start lifting your spatula before you get to the edge of the dish, you'll lift your cheese up and it'll make a mess.)
- Set the timer for 20-25 minutes. Everything is already cooked so all you're doing is heating everything up.
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie - AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) with vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes, and baked.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food shepherd's pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!