Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, turkey shepherd's pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Heat the vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. In a large saute pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. This shepherd's pie is made with lean ground turkey instead of traditional beef, which has significantly less saturated fat.
Turkey Shepherd's Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Turkey Shepherd's Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have turkey shepherd's pie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey Shepherd's Pie:
- Get 1 no specific quantities. whatever you have left that will fit in your cooking dish
- Get 1 Turkey meat both white and dark
- Prepare 1 Peas, carrots and any other leftover vegetables. This one has parsnips and carrots mashed together
- Take 1 Stuffing
- Make ready 1 Mashed Potatoes
- Make ready 1 Gravy
Tonight will be the shepherd's pie. Can you cook Turkey Shepherd's Pie from frozen? It just takes a lot longer! You can thaw a frozen shepherd's pie in the refrigerator overnight, and then proceed with baking the thawed casserole as instructed per the recipe.
Steps to make Turkey Shepherd's Pie:
- Cut up meat into small pieces. I don't shred it but as small as I can.
- Mix into a bowl, or straight into your cooking dish, with your vegetables.
- Hopefully you have some leftover gravy…if not just make more :-). Add some to the meat and vegetable mix…just enough to make it moist.
- If you were doing this all in a separate bowl, now place the meat, vegetables, gravy mixture to your cooking dish and flatten. Place stuffing over the top and flatten. Ladel a little bit of gravy over stuffing again just to moisten.
- Add mashed potatoes to the top and distribute evenly. Much easier to do this if the potatoes are warm. Take a fork and run it flatly over the potatoes so you get small little peaks all over
- In the oven she goes. 350 - 375 ℉ for about 35 - 40 min. You'll start seeing the peaks get brown. Then broil for 3 min (watch it doesn't burn)
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then serve with gravy to your liking. Every bite is heaven!
It just takes a lot longer! You can thaw a frozen shepherd's pie in the refrigerator overnight, and then proceed with baking the thawed casserole as instructed per the recipe. Turkey Shepherd's Pie is an easy and delicious way to use up leftover Turkey! Toss in any variety of frozen vegetables for a complete family dinner. Scrape up any good bits from the bottom of the pan and turn off the heat.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food turkey shepherd's pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!