Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, teeney's american shepherd's pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie Christina Hansen. Best Ever American Shepherd's Pie Recipe. I would not have posted unless I tried it and found it delicious and different from the other sheperd pie recipes on this site. Will be a regular during the chili months in buffalo!
Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook teeney's american shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie:
- Get 4 large Potatoes
- Take 1 Onion (chopped fine)
- Take 2 cup Sweet Corn
- Prepare 2 large Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- Take 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Make ready 2 lb Ground Beef
- Take 2 tbsp Flour
- Take 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- Make ready 2 can Green Beans
- Prepare 1/2 cup Beef Broth (possibly bullion instead for a more salty alternative)
- Prepare 4 tbsp Butter
- Get 1/4 cup Half-and-Half or Milk
- Take 2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Get 1 as needed Salt and Pepper
- Make ready 1 Cumin, Rosemary and Thyme (optional)
Shepherd's Pie is a recipe your family will enjoy anytime. It's a great way to use up both leftover vegetables and mashed potatoes. Looks great - not Shepherd's pie though. Shepherd's pie always uses lamb mince.
Instructions to make Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Start the mashed potatoes: Peel and cut potatoes (1/2 inch or quartered). Place in pan and cover with cold water (1/2 in over potatoes). Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. [start step 3 then return to potatoes] ((Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 15-20 mins.))
- In a large sauté pan with oil, sauté onions and carrots, then garlic. Add ground beef and cook through until brown.
- Continue filling: Sprinkle meat with flour and toss to coat. Add salt/pepper and cumin (optional), add Worcestershire Sauce, Beef Broth, and Rosemary/ Thyme (optional). Brind to boil, cover and simmer low and covered until sauce is thick (10-15 mins).
- Mash Potatoes: Add half-and-half or milk, butter, and salt/pepper to drained potatoes. Mash until smooth.
- Continue filling: Add corn and green beans (peas optional) for just a few mins to heat.
- Combine in lightly greased 3 qt casserole dish: Beef filling on bottom. Sprinkle layer of cheese on top. Top with mashed potatoes. (Make sure the potatoes seal the beef filling in so it doesn't boil and create a mess.) Use a fork to make rivets on the top of the mashed potatoes. Add small amount of paprika on top.
- Bake dish for 25-30 minutes in oven at 400°F. Let cool (about 15 mins).
Looks great - not Shepherd's pie though. Shepherd's pie always uses lamb mince. The clue is in the name; shepherds tend sheep. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food teeney's american shepherd's pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!