Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling - indonesian snack. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Risoles chicken ragout (Risoles Ayam) is a popular Indonesian snack. It is served in a crepe-like skin filled with chicken and vegetable ragout, folded, breaded and deep Well, if I ever solve the mystery how risoles made it to Indonesia, I will update my blog. This is how to make ragout for famous indonesian snack risoles ragout.
Risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling - Indonesian Snack is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling - Indonesian Snack is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling - indonesian snack using 28 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling - Indonesian Snack:
- Take Filling***
- Get 100 gr boil chicken cut square small/shredded
- Get 1-2 carrots cut small square (if you have)
- Get 2 tbsp shredded cheese (i used mix of mozarella n cheddar)
- Take 100 boil macaroni/ potato cut square small (I used potato can)
- Prepare 2 spring onions slices thinly
- Take 1/2 onion cut small square
- Make ready 2 tbp all purpose flour
- Get 150 ml milk
- Take 3 chillies slices (optional)
- Make ready 2 garlic slices (optional)
- Take 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Take 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Make ready 1 tsp sweetener / sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp chicken powder knorr (optional)
- Prepare 1 tbsp condense milk (optional)
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt (add if need it)
- Make ready 1 tbsp butter to fry
- Prepare Pancake/wrapper***
- Prepare 150 gr all purpose / cake flour
- Take 350 ml semi skimmed milk (add if need it)
- Prepare 2 eggs - medium
- Take 1/2 tsp salt
- Get 2 tbsp oil
- Get The finishing***
- Make ready 1/4 cup pancake butter
- Make ready 1 eggs
- Prepare Breadcrumbs or panko (I prefer breadcrumbs)
Risoles is one of popular appetizers in Indonesia. In Indonesia you can easily get this snack without even bother to spend your time in the kitchen. It is filled with sweet or savoury ingredients, most often minced meat or fish, and is served as an entrée, dessert or side dish. There are many rissoles recipe about.
Instructions to make Risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling - Indonesian Snack:
- Filling: In a pan/wok, heat the butter till melted, and start frying the onion, garlic n chillies till fragrant.
- Put the flour little by little while mixing this then start pour the milk. Keep mixing. It wont be smooth, but its ok.
- Add the shredded chicken, carrots (if you have), spring onion. Also add the sugar, nutmeg, knorr, and salt. Dont put too much salt if you are using cheese. Put the potatoes. Last, put the shredded cheese, mix well then turn it off. Taste it. It should taste savoury with a bit of sweetness. Set aside.
- The pancake. In a bowl, put the flour and salt, mixed. Then put the rest of the ingredients. Stirred till smooth. I prefer to use mixer for this, as the pancake will be smooth. This batter should be watery/very thin.
- Start by heating a small pan (I used 15-20cm teflon). When its hot, turn it down to middle heat.
- Pour the batter (I used 1/4cup), and move it around so it cover all the surface (like you make crepes). If you thinks its not thin enough, add the milk
- Keep an eye on it. When you see its done (still white, dont let it go brown). Turn it over in a plate (it should be easily peel off when its done). We only need to cooked 1 side.
- Keep doing this till finish. I prefer to start filling everytime a pancake finish. So it still warm and easier to used.
- Finishing: put a pancake in plate or chopping board. Use a teaspoon to add the filling in the middle. And follow the picture. You basically making an envelope.
- Prepare the finishing. Use 2 separate bowl. For dipping (egg mix with batter) and for breadcrumbs.
- Put the risoles in the dipping with your left hand, move it to the breadcrumb bowl. Using your right hand, cover all areas with it. And put it aside. By using both hands, your risoles will stay dry.
- Do this to all the risoles. It is better to put in fridge about an hour or so before you fry them, as it will stick better, but its not a must. You can also leave it in fridge till a couple of day. (This can be freeze too).
- Frying: use pan and cover with oil, it should cover the risoles (or at least half of it). Heat it up and when its hot, turn it down just a bit.
- Start frying one side till its a bit brown, then fry the other side. It shouldn’t take long as its already cooked anyway. 1-2minutes of each side. And its done :) this can be eat on its own, or can be eat with chillies or sauces (example: dip in peanut sauce, chili sauce or my fave is mayonnaise mixed with chilly sauce (ABC brand).
The skin and filling varies a lot. I have been looking for a soft and thin skin with ragout filling recipe. After searching and surfing, I eventually found this recipe I just altered it a little bit. The result is just what I expected. Ragout Ayam - Cara Membuat Ragout Ayam Yang Creamy - How To Make Creamy Chicken Ragout II CLK. risoles, ragout ayam, cara membuat ragout ayam yang creamy, how to prepare creamy chicken ragout for Indonesian style of risolle, cook like.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling - indonesian snack recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!