Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, healthy shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherd's Pie Recipe This meat pie topped with mashed potato is traditionally made with lamb, when made with ground beef it's actually called a cottage pie. Of course, you can make this with ground turkey like this Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pieor try my vegetarian Portobello Shepherd's Pie. Add carrots first and saute until starting to brown and caramelize. Add onions and continue to cook.
Healthy Shepherds Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Healthy Shepherds Pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have healthy shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Shepherds Pie:
- Get 1 lb ground turkey
- Take 1 each cauliflower cut into florets
- Make ready 2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Get 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- Get 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Take 4 tbsp chives chopped
- Make ready 1/2 red onion sliced
- Take 1 can't believe it's not butter spray
- Prepare 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Get 3 clove garlic minced
- Get 1 salt for cauliflower
Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. Shepherds Pie is a favorite Irish meal, especially around St. This is a healthy version with cauliflower in place of potatoes. This shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash is a low-carb, healthier version of a great cold-weather dish.
Instructions to make Healthy Shepherds Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Over medium high add oil, add ground turkey, onions cook until browned.
- Add veggies and garlic, stir 5minutes.
- Add cornstarch to beef stock, stir well. Add stock to meat mixture, stir until thickened. Set aside.
- Bring medium pot of salted water to boil, add cauliflower, cook until tender.
- With a potato masher, mashed cauliflower until smooth.
- 8x8 dish spray with cooking spray, add meat mixture.
- Spread cauliflower over meat mixture, spray with can't believe it's not butter.
- Cook for 30 minutes until browned on top. Let cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy
This is a healthy version with cauliflower in place of potatoes. This shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash is a low-carb, healthier version of a great cold-weather dish. Enjoy this satisfying meal with a little less guilt. Shepherd's pie is a pretty complete meal on it's own; you've got carbs, veggies, and protein, all in one skillet! If you wanted to round the meal out with a couple sides, try a simple spinach.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food healthy shepherds pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!