Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, sarah's simple shepherds pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Then add to pan with drained hamburger on medium/high heat mix well and simmer until it thickens. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Cook onions untiil tender, add beef and carrots. Stir in gravy powder, garlic, pepper, and herbs.
Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have sarah's simple shepherds pie using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie:
- Take spices
- Prepare 4 tbsp minced garlic from jar in water
- Take 2 tbsp dried chives
- Take 2 tbsp dried parsley
- Take 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- Prepare 1/2 tsp dried basil flakes
- Take 2 tbsp onion flakes or 1/2 sauteed chopped onion
- Take 2 lb hamburger
- Make ready 6 cup mashed potatoes
- Make ready 1 can creamed corn
- Prepare 1 can corn
- Take 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- Get 2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
Have the man in your life make it for you on Mother's Day. Or you can make it ahead by prepping the meat and potatoes. This Simple Shepherd's Pie recipe is a great version of a favorite Scottish dish that uses lean ground beef but creates the same full, hearty flavor you love. This quick easy Shepherds Pie recipe is one of my favorite easy one pot recipes.
Steps to make Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie:
- Cook mashed potatoes as directed or make your own. Add half of the spices to potatoes.
- Brown hamburger with half of the spices. Drain grease from pan
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix the gravy packet with one cup of cold water. Then add to pan with drained hamburger on medium/high heat mix well and simmer until it thickens. Stirring constantly.
- Add hamburger to 9×13 baking dish
- Pour creamed corn on top of hamburger
- Pour corn on top of creamed corn.
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top of corn mixture. Smooth with a spatula or spoon. Make sure to completely cover mixture with potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes pull from oven and sprinkle cheese across top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes before serving.
This Simple Shepherd's Pie recipe is a great version of a favorite Scottish dish that uses lean ground beef but creates the same full, hearty flavor you love. This quick easy Shepherds Pie recipe is one of my favorite easy one pot recipes. This recipe will be made often!! Spread potatoes evenly over beef; using a fork, decorate potatoes with lines and peaks. While this is not your classic shepherd's pie recipe, it's so warm, hearty and absolutely delicious.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food sarah's simple shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!