Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, turkey pot shepherd's pie?. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Add the ground turkey and then sprinkle in the salt, paprika and garlic powder. This is a great twist on a basic shepherd's pie that has a ton of flavor with butternut squash, ground turkey, and sweet potatoes. A lighter, but still hearty version of a great comfort food!
Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook turkey pot shepherd's pie? using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?:
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup cooked chopped turkey(dark or white,or both)I used dark
- Make ready 2 Carrots, chopped
- Prepare 2 celery stalks,chopped
- Get 1 cup mushrooms, quartered
- Prepare 1/2 cup corn
- Get 1 onion, chopped
- Prepare 2 clove garlic, minced
- Make ready 2 cup mashed potatoes
- Prepare 1 cup turkey stuffing
- Make ready 1/3 cup chicken stock
- Prepare 1/4 cup milk
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Take 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Get salt and pepper
- Make ready butter
This Turkey Shepherd's Pie version is lighter featuring turkey and forgoes the peas. Carrots and zucchini and green beans are the highlighted vegetables here and I have further lightened the sauce and the mashed potato topping by using unsweetened almond milk. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; stir in onion. Stir in ground turkey, carrot, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, garlic, and chicken bouillon.
Instructions to make Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?:
- In a bowl, mix your mashed potatoes and stuffing, set aside.
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent
- Add all your veggies, and cook for about 5-8 min.
- Add your chopped turkey, and season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add your chicken stock. Make an empty space in the center of the pan and add your cornstarch and milk. Mix until the cornstarch has dissolved, then mix everything together.
- Cook for another 3-5 min until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer everything to a baking dish. Top with your mashed potato/stuffing mixture.
- Add a few dollops/dabs of butter to the top and bake in oven for 35min @ 400°F.
- After 35 min, set under the broiler on high for 5min to crisp up and brown the top nicely.
- ENJOY 😊
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; stir in onion. Stir in ground turkey, carrot, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Cook and stir until meat is broken up and cooked through. It's hard to find a more comforting dish than a homemade turkey pot pie. This classic version has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a hearty mix of meat and vegetables.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food turkey pot shepherd's pie? recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!