Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, shepherd's pie. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make, you'll enjoy making it!
Shepherd's Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Shepherd's Pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook shepherd's pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Prepare 5 lbs Potatoes
- Make ready 1 stick Butter
- Get 1 cup milk
- Make ready 2 lbs Ground Chuck 80/20
- Make ready 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Get Garlic salt
- Get Granulated garlic
- Get Ground black pepper
- Get 1/4 cup Rosemary leaves
- Prepare 1 lb pkg frozen peas
However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling. In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies).
Steps to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Peel and cut potatoes and boil in large pot of salted water. Boil until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Drain potatoes. Add butter, milk, salt, and pepper to taste. Mash potatoes until creamy. Add more or less milk to get consistency desired. Set potatoes aside.
- While potatoes are cooking place ground meat in hot skillet on stove. Add olive oil for both flavor and cooking benefit. Salt and pepper to taste. Add garlic salt and granulated garlic to taste. As meat turns brown add rosemary leaves. Let this simmer for a few minutes as you cook peas.
- Place peas in microwaveable dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes in microwave.
- Assembly. Place mashed potatoes on large platter. With spoon scoop out large hole in center. Place peas in this hole. Drain meat completely. Now add meat to top of peas.
- Take photo. Serve and enjoy.
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie - AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) with vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes, and baked.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food shepherd's pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!