Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, shepherd's pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherd's pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Shepherd's pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make, you'll enjoy making it!
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shepherd's pie using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's pie:
- Make ready 1cksp sunflower/vegetable oil
- Prepare 1 large onion
- Make ready 2-3 carrots
- Make ready 1 Green/yellow bell peppers
- Make ready 500 g pack lamb/beef mince
- Get 1cksp tomato purée
- Take 100g potato,cut into chunks
- Get 2tbsp butter
- Prepare 1/2cup milk
- Prepare 100g Cheese(Parmesan or mozzarella)
However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling. In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies).
Instructions to make Shepherd's pie:
- Heat the oil in a pan, then soften the onion, peppers and carrots for a few mins. When soft, turn up the heat, crumble in the lamb/meat and brown, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato purée, season to taste then cover and cook.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 160C/ gas, then make the mash. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then mash with the butter, cheese and milk.
- Put the mince sauce into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and ruffle with a fork. Bake for 20-25 mins until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling through at the edges. Sprinkle cheese on top. Leave to stand for 5 mins before serving.
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. Best Shepherd's Pie This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie - AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) with vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes, and baked.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food shepherd's pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!