Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, easy traditional irish shepherd's pie. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This is truly the traditional shepherds pie. As the allrecipes.com video on this states Shepherds raised sheep not cow hence the use of lamb and not beef and the name "Shepherds Pie. While this is not your classic shepherd's pie recipe, it's so warm, hearty and absolutely delicious. The traditional version of this recipe is originally from Ireland and is made from ground lamb.
Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have easy traditional irish shepherd's pie using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie:
- Take 1-1 1/2 lbs ground meat of your choosing
- Take 1 Small Onion, diced
- Take 8 oz Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed
- Prepare to taste Ground Black Pepper
- Get 4-8 servings of Instant Mashed Potatoes
Add in the onions and saute for a minute or two then add the meat. I've said it once and I'll say it again there is nothing Irish about Corned Beef and Cabbage, but Shepherd's Pie has always been and still is a staple of traditional Irish cooking. This is a really easy, but tasty recipe that the whole family will enjoy. All of that is cooked in a delicious red wine/chicken broth saucy situation.
Instructions to make Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie:
- Place the ground meat and onion into a pot over medium heat. Cook the two of them until they both have been browned. Usually about 10 minutes.
- Add the Peas & Carrots to the pot. Stir together, adding the pepper to the mix as well. Cook together for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the meat mixture is complete, place into a either a pie or cake pan, about 9 inches. Set to the side. Usually, you can use two pans.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes as directed on the box. When it is done, put the mashed potatoes on top of the meat mixture. Spread evenly across the top.
- Turn the Broiler on in your oven. Put the two pans into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes. Check here to see if the topping is to your liking. Everything is basically cooked, so you are just browning the top of the mashed potatoes. I will usually add another 5 to 10 minutes
This is a really easy, but tasty recipe that the whole family will enjoy. All of that is cooked in a delicious red wine/chicken broth saucy situation. It's everything a Shepherd's pie or a cottage pie should be! It does re-heat pretty well but gets slightly. How to Make Irish Shepherd's Pie Recipe.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food easy traditional irish shepherd's pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!