Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken parmesan skillet casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have chicken parmesan skillet casserole using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole:
- Prepare 3 tablespoons butter
- Make ready 1/2 cup Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs. (You really need the panko bread crumbs for this)
- Get 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Take 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces, patted dry
- Get 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Make ready 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Get 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup tomato basil pasta sauce (I ended up using the entire 22 oz jar, so be flexible!)
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. (I use the whole bag, what's another 1/2 cup)
- Get 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil (if you have it. I sprinkled a bit of dry basil seasoning on it)
Steps to make Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees farenheit
- In a 10" oven proof skillet melt a tablespoon of butter. Add bread crumbs cook stirring frequently until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to separate small dish. Add Parmesan cheese to toasted Panko crumbs. Set aside.
- Wipe skillet and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter into skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and salt and cook until chicken is cooked thru, add garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes; stir and cook another minute.
- Stir in pasta sauce; heat to simmering. If the consistency is to thin I simmer intil it thickens to my liking.Remove from heat, top with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted probably 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Top with basil.
- I served this over spaghetti.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken parmesan skillet casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!