Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicago-style deep dish pizza. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicago-style Deep Dish Pizza is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Chicago-style Deep Dish Pizza is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicago-style deep dish pizza using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicago-style Deep Dish Pizza:
- Make ready *** Dough - First Step ***
- Prepare 1 tsp dry yeast
- Take 1/2 cup water
- Take 1/4 cup rye or whole wheat flour
- Get 1/4 cup all-purpose or bread flour
- Take *** Dough - Second Step ***
- Take 1 cup all-purpose or bread flour (125g)
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Take 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Take *** Sauce ***
- Get 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1 medium onion, minced
- Take 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 1 can tomatoes
- Take 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Prepare 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Make ready *** Toppings ***
- Prepare 1/2 green bell pepper
- Take 4 mushrooms
- Make ready 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Make ready 1 small chicken breast (4-5 oz)
- Take 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan (if you have it)
Steps to make Chicago-style Deep Dish Pizza:
- Dough stage 1: In a large bowl, mix 1/4 cup rye or whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup all-purpose or bread flour, 1 tsp active dry yeast and 1/2 cup water. Let it sit for 30 minutes at room temperature until frothy.
- Dough stage 2: After the mixture is frothy, add 1 more cup all-purpose or bread flour, 1 tsp salt and 4 Tbsp olive oil. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Remove dough to a floured working surface and knead with the palm of your hand until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Sprinkle more flour as needed in your hands or the surface if it's sticking.
- Form into a smooth ball and return to the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a moist tea towel and let rise in a warm place for 1:30 to 2 hours, until about doubled in size.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the sauce. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a sauce pan and sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the can of tomatoes, dried herbs, and 1/4 cup water. Break up any big chunks tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook on medium low heat until the sauce is very thick, about 30 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in fresh parsley if using. Set aside and let cool until ready to use.
- When the dough has risen, remove it from the bowl into a floured surface and push out the air. Form into a flat round ball. Preheat oven to 425F/220C.
- Roll out the dough to a 10-12 inch circle.
- Grease the 8 x 2 in baking pan lightly with oil. Lay the dough across and press it to the bottom and up the sides. Spread out the shredded cheese across the bottom. The sides might fall over at first but don't worry because you'll be add plenty of fillings!
- Next layer in the chopped bell pepper, mushrooms and chicken.
- Top it with the tomato sauce until the sauce reaches the top of the sides of the dough. (You might have a little left over). Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 425F/220C for 35-40 minutes or until the crust starts to brown and the extra liquid from the sauce has evaporated. After 15 minutes, cover the pizza Lighty with foil so the crust doest brown too quickly. Remove after another 15 min. and let the pizza finish baking uncovered.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Dig in and enjoy!!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chicago-style deep dish pizza recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!