Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, jalapeño-cheddar beef mac w/ caramelized red onion corn muffins. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook jalapeño-cheddar beef mac w/ caramelized red onion corn muffins using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins:
- Make ready 1 lb macaroni noodles
- Make ready 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Make ready 4 T butter
- Prepare 2 T flour
- Get 2 C milk
- Make ready 1 roasted red bell pepper
- Take 1 pinch sugar
- Prepare 4 jalapeños; small dice
- Make ready 1 red onion; small dice
- Make ready 1 C sweet corn
- Get 1 lb ground beef
- Get 2 t smoked paprika
- Prepare 2 t onion powder
- Take 1 t cumin
- Make ready 1/2 t garlic powder
- Get 1 box Jiffy corn mix
- Get 1 egg
- Make ready 1/3 C milk
- Make ready as needed vegetable oil
- Make ready as needed olive oil
- Make ready as needed kosher salt & black pepper
Steps to make Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins:
- Cook noodles until al dente in boiling, salted water. Drain. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil or melted butter over the noodles.
- Heat a medium sized saucepot with no oil or butter. Add ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Lay jalapeños and half the onions atop beef. Cook both sides over high heat until browned.
- Add diced tomatoes. Stir. Cook 2 minutes. Add corn and fold in.
- Melt 4 T butter in a seperate saucepot. When butter begins to slightly bubble, add flour slowly while whisking. Cook 1 minute. Add milk while whisking. Continue to whisk and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until mixture reduces slightly.
- Puree roasted bell pepper with a pinch of salt, sugar, and enough olive oil just for a smooth consistency, about a tablespoon.
- Add bell pepper puree and cheese slowly while whisking. Cook 2 minutes.
- Combine cheese sauce, beef, and noodles. Stir together.
- For corn muffins, pour enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a small saute pan. Add remaining onions and a pinch of salt and sugar. Cook on high heat for 1 minute, then reduce to low heat and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Follow instructions for Jiffy corn muffins and fold in caramelized onions.
- Variations; Bell peppers, poblano, ancho, habanero, bacon, paprika, smoked cumin, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, coriander, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, chives, spinach, arugula, asiago, fontina, gruyere, parmesean, romano, heavy cream, chihuahua cheese, chili powder, serrano, chipotle, garlic, shallots, pearl onion, piquillo peppers, avocado, coconut, butternut squash
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food jalapeño-cheddar beef mac w/ caramelized red onion corn muffins recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!