Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, hot and warming minestrone soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Buy us a cup of coffee.
Hot and Warming Minestrone Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Hot and Warming Minestrone Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hot and warming minestrone soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hot and Warming Minestrone Soup:
- Make ready 1/2 medium Carrot
- Make ready 1 small Onion
- Get 1 large Potato
- Take 100 grams Bacon block
- Make ready 120 grams Cooked soy beans
- Prepare 2 Bay leaves
- Make ready 800 ml Water
- Get 3 Consommé soup stock cubes (or more as needed)
- Prepare 1 Canned tomato (whole or diced)
- Get 80 ml White wine
- Prepare 1 Parsley or string beans (optional)
I've been working hard on this recipe and I'm so excited. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. I often skip the pancetta, and substitute whatever melange of vegetables I have in the crisper drawer. To serve the minestrone, ladle the hot soup into bowls and add a few meatballs to each.
Steps to make Hot and Warming Minestrone Soup:
- Quarter the carrot vertically and thinly slice. Halve the onion vertically and slice. Dice the potatoes and bacon into 1 cm cubes.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pot and add carrots, onions, and potatoes and saute for a few minutes.
- Add water, stock cubes, and bay leaves and bring to a simmer.
- Add bacon, soy beans, canned tomato, and white wine and simmer for about 10 minutes. Using a ladle, mash the tomatoes while cooking. You could also cut the tomatoes beforehand.
- Adjust the seasoning with the stock cubes, salt and pepper! Thaw frozen string beans and cut into small pieces. Place on top of the soup and it's done.
Melanie Johnson's warming celeriac soup is delicious. Minestrone soup is so hearty it can stand on its own as the main dish! I fell in love with minestrone at the Olive Garden, so this is a pretty darn close. Minestrone is an Italian soup known for its thick tomato-based broth. It can be made with pasta or rice, and typically contains carrots, tomato chunks.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food hot and warming minestrone soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!