Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, savory bread pudding. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
These dishes, known also as strata, can be rich, but they are just as satisfying when made with low-fat milk. The formula works well for any number of cooked vegetables tossed with stale bread and mixed. How to Eat Bread Pudding for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner (and Dessert, Duh!) Sweet or savory, bread pudding is the ultimate comfort food.
Savory Bread Pudding is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Savory Bread Pudding is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook savory bread pudding using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Savory Bread Pudding:
- Prepare 10 slices white bread, cut into rectangles
- Prepare 135 grams cheddar, cut into super small cubes
- Prepare 50 grams butter
- Make ready 1 large (+- 200 grams) onion, cut into small pieces
- Prepare 200 grams ground beef
- Get 15 grams parsley, finely chopped
- Make ready 1 tsp dried basil
- Get 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Get 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- Get 6 large eggs
- Get 1.2 liters half-and-half
- Make ready Scallion/parsley/green onion for garnish
Made with savory ingredients, this comfort food can be served as an entrée or side dish. Have you ever made savory bread pudding? Our Savory Bread Pudding uses our Sour Cream and Chive biscuits, ham, and loads of other I am a huge bread pudding fan, both sweet and savory. It is pretty much one of those recipes you cannot.
Instructions to make Savory Bread Pudding:
- Prepare all of your ingredients
- Melt the butter on a pan on low-medium heat then add the onion. Cook on medium-high heat until the onion starts to smell
- Add the ground beef on top of the onion. I prefer to do it neatly so everything will be cooked at the same time
- When the beef is browned, add the garlic parsley, dried basil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp peper
- In a large bowl mix the eggs then add the half-and-half and the remaining salt and pepper. Whisk everything well to turn it into you egg custard
- Prepare two 20x20 aluminum foil or a large baking dish and line them with butter. Prepare the bread, the cheese, the beef mixture, and the custard on your range
- Stack the bread, sprinkle some cheese, then the beef mixture
- Repeat twice or three times until your baking dish is full. Pour the custard evenly, then leave for a few minutes to soak. You can also make it overheads, cover the dish with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge overnight while waiting for your guests to come
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Pop the dish in the oven for 45-55 minutes until the bread at the top looks golden and crispy
Giada bakes a sweet and savory bread pudding with hearty root vegetables. This video is part of Giada at Home, a family thanksgiving show hosted by Giada De. This savory bread pudding is filled with bacon, peppers, spinach, and cheese, making it an easy one-dish Savory bread pudding is an easy way to make guests sigh with content, whether at breakfast. Savory Bread Pudding - Ham and Cheese Classic. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food savory bread pudding recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!