Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, minestrone soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and.
Minestrone Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Minestrone Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have minestrone soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Minestrone Soup:
- Make ready 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Take 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 1 large rib celery, sliced
- Make ready 1 medium carrot, diced
- Make ready 2 tsp dried basil
- Make ready 1 tsp dried thyme
- Prepare 1 tsp dried oregano
- Prepare 32 oz diced tomatoes (2 cans)
- Make ready 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Prepare 5 cups chicken broth
- Make ready 1 bay leaf
- Get 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Take 1 can cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Make ready 1/2 cup ditalini pasta
- Take 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- Get 1-2 cups baby spinach
- Get to taste Kosher salt and pepper
Vegetarian minestrone soup packed with veggies like celery, carrots, green beans and spinach and simmered in a flavorful, Italian seasoned tomato broth. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. Cook up a pot of Ellie Krieger's healthy Minestrone Soup from Food Network, loaded with fresh veggies, pasta and herbs. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale.
Steps to make Minestrone Soup:
- Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute several minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Saute for additional minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaf, chicken broth, kidney beans, and cannellini beans.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in dry pasta and zucchini, and cook for an additional 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and wilt for 1 minute.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Can be served immediately or kept covered in the fridge for a few days.
To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. Minestrone soup is so hearty it can stand on its own as the main dish! I fell in love with minestrone at the Olive Garden, so this is a pretty darn close attempt at copying the classic Italian soup. Minestrone soup cooks in one pot with a vegetable broth tomato base and then loaded with fresh vegetables, beans, and tender small shell pasta. This is honestly the best Minestrone Soup!
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food minestrone soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!