Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, homemade donut. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Homemade Donut is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Homemade Donut is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Making homemade glazed doughnuts is easier than you think. My No Yeast Homemade Donut Recipe is shallow fried and glazed for classic decadence. Make irresistible donuts at home in a matter of minutes.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have homemade donut using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Donut:
- Prepare 2 tbsp dry yeast
- Prepare 2 cups milk
- Get 1/2 cup shortening room temp
- Prepare 2 tsp salt
- Make ready 2/3 cup sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make ready 4 eggs
- Make ready 6 1/2-7 1/2 cups flour
- Prepare 2 cups chocolate for glazing
Learn how to make soft, fluffy, yeasted homemade donuts in your own home. This recipe tutorial includes plenty of tips and a video for perfect donuts! Homemade donuts may seem like a delicious dessert-for-breakfast dream that only the most talented pastry chefs and baking bloggers can pull off. The truth is, it's fairly simple.
Steps to make Homemade Donut:
- Dissolve yeast in ¾ cup luke-warm water. Set aside.
- Heat 2 cups milk in microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- While milk is heating add shortening to a large bowl. Pour hot milk over it and whisk until mixed. Add salt, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Add 4 eggs and mix well.
- Add yeast mixture to batter and mix. Add 2 cups of flour and mix with a wooden spoon. Mix well. Add 2 more cups and mix. Add 2 more cups and mix. At this point, the batter should not be runny. Add 1 more cup of flour, give or take ½ cup.
- Sprinkle flour onto a clean surface and pour batter onto it. Gently knead dough batter until the surface is not sticky to the touch. Place the soft dough into a lightly greased bowl. Cover the bowl and let rise for 1 to 1½ hours. Dough should be about double in size when done.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to about a 1 inch thickness. Cut the doughnuts out as closely as possible. You can save the middles for doughnut holes. Move donuts and holes to a clean surface.
- Cover and let rise for 1 to 1½ hours.
- Once the donuts and holes are done rising, fry them in a large frying pan with vegetable oil until golden brown.
- While donuts are frying make your Glaze. To make glaze mix 7 cups powdered sugar with ⅔ cup water, chocolate 2 cups and 2 tsp. vanilla. Add donuts to glaze as soon as they are done frying and make sure both sides are covered. Place on a plate to let excess glaze drain.
Learn how to make perfect HOMEMADE JELLY DOUGHNUTS (or donuts) with detailed instructions. Make them even more delicious by topping them with chocolate fudge frosting and strawberries. Check out the best homemade donut recipes to satisfy that craving! I know I am lol… Even if you're not, these amazing homemade donut recipes are definitely something you need to try. Homemade Donuts are light and airy on the inside, crisp and golden on the outside, and easy to make in the comfort of your own kitchen!
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food homemade donut recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!