Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, shepherd’s pie. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Check Out Ground Beef Shepherds Pie On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Want To Learn How To Make Delicious Pies? Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
Shepherd’s Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Shepherd’s Pie is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherd’s pie using 12 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- Get 500 Grams Minced Lamb
- Make ready 4 Medium Potatoes
- Get 1 Medium Onion (Finely Chopped)
- Get 1/2 Cup Peas (Frozen/Thawed)
- Prepare 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Butter
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Milk
- Get 2 Tsp/As per taste Salt (Divided)
- Get 2 Tsp/As per taste Black Pepper Powder (Divided)
- Make ready 1 Tsp Paprika Or Red Chili Powder
- Take 3 Teaspoons Garlic Powder (Divided)
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
In England (and Australia and New Zealand) they would call the beef dish a "cottage pie" and the lamb dish "shepherd's pie". Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well browned. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb.
Steps to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- To cook the Potatoes in the Microwave Oven: - - Wash the Potatoes thoroughly. - Prick them with a fork all around at least 6 times to avoid explosion. - Note: If using new Potatoes, peel off one thin strip. *Do not peel off all the skin.
- Place a paper towel on the Turntable. - Now, place the Potatoes on top of the paper towel on the edges at least 2.5 cm/1 inch apart. - *Do not cover. - - Note: Do not place the Potatoes in the middle of the turntable. The results may not be the same.
- Select Power Level 8 (P8) & Set the Timer at 7 minutes. When done, let stand in the Microwave Oven for 5 minutes.
- Take the Potatoes out. Let them cool down. - - Peel & mash the Potatoes with the help is a Potato Masher.
- Heat the Milk along with the Butter for 40 seconds in the Microwave Oven on normal power level.
- Add a Teaspoon each of Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder, Milk & Butter. Stir well. Adjust seasoning. Set aside covered.
- To cook the Meat in the Microwave Oven: - - Wash and drain the Meat properly in a colander. Shake off the excess water. Leave it in the colander for a while. No water should remain.
- Place it in a 2 Qt/Large Microwave Safe rectangular glass/ceramic dish. Cover with Microwave Safe Lid or vented Plastic Wrap.
- Place it in the Microwave Oven. Cook on medium power (P6) for 7 minutes. Take it out. The Minced Meat will be clumped up at this stage & would have released some juices. Stir with a fork to blend it well.
- To assemble the Shepherd’s Pie: - - Add the thawed Peas, chopped Onions, Worcestershire Sauce, the remaining Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder & finally, the Nutmeg Powder to the cooked meat. Stir well.
- Now, spoon the Mashed Potatoes evenly on top of the Meat. You may make a pattern on the Potatoes with the help of a fork if you wish to.
- Bake in a preheated Oven at 400 Degrees F for about 30 minutes or until the top layer of mashed potatoes turn golden brown.
- Alternatively, you may cook covered in the Microwave Oven for 16-18 minutes on medium power (P6).
- Cut into 4-6 equal portions. Scoop out from the bottom to keep the layers intact.
- Serve hot with Garlic Toast, baked with grated Cheese on top. It’s super delicious!
- Note 1: I buy boneless Meat & mince it at home in the meat Grinder. If you intend doing the same, wash the Meat thoroughly. Shake off the water. Freeze for about 30 minutes before you grind. Mince it using the fine disk. *Partially frozen Meat is easier to mince/grind.
- Note 2: Cooking Time depends upon the Cooking Power/Wattage of the Microwave Oven - Mine is 1200 Watts.
Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling. In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food shepherd’s pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!