Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, shepherd pie with winter veggies. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Winter Vegetable Shepherd's Pie We seem to eat for comfort during the holidays.but comfort foods aren't necessarily healthy. To make a classic comfort food dish more healthy, I came up with this lovely take: turkey shepherd's pie. It's perfect for putting out on your holiday buffet table. Toss the parsnips, carrots, beets, rutabaga, pearl onions, and garlic together in a large bowl.
Shepherd pie with winter veggies is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Shepherd pie with winter veggies is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherd pie with winter veggies using 29 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd pie with winter veggies:
- Take 2 big Potatoes
- Take 2 tablespoon soft unsalted Butter
- Make ready 2 tablespoon thick Yoghurt
- Make ready 2 tablespoon Mozzarella cheese
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon crushed Black peppers
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon red Chilli flakes
- Make ready 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Make ready For the filling
- Take 1/2 cup chopped green Beans
- Make ready 1/2 cup chopped Carrots
- Prepare 1/2 cup chopped green Capsicum
- Get 1/2 cup chopped red Tomatoes
- Get 1/3 cup sweet Corn kernals
- Prepare 1 cup chopped Onions
- Prepare 3 tablespoon Tomato paste
- Get 1/2 cup mutton Keema
- Take 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Get 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Take 1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- Take 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- Take 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Take For the top crust
- Get 2 tablespoon grated Cheese
- Take 1/2 teaspoon Bread crumbs
- Make ready 1 teaspoon Tomato ketchup
- Take 2-3 strings of chopped Spring onion
It's winter and even though the major holiday celebrations are behind us, I'm still craving those warm, comforting meals like this one. This shepherd's pie recipe makes a great weeknight dinner with plenty of leftovers for the next day or even as a main dish for your next hosted dinner. Mix instant mashed potato powder with hot water (according to the instruction) and stir until done. Mix the mashed potato with shredded cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Shepherd pie with winter veggies:
- Chop all the vegetables and keep them ready along with sweet corn.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and saute chopped onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in ginger-garlic paste and cook for few seconds more.
- Next add mutton keema and stir continuously to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- After sauteing the keema add in all the vegetables.
- Stir well to cook for a minute and then add all the spices like chilli powder, curry powder, garam masala powder, thyme and salt. Give it a good mix.
- Add in 3 tablespoons of tomato paste and stir well. Also add little water to incorporate everything well. The mixture shouldn't be dry in consistency.
- Cover and cook in medium low heat until vegetables and keema cooks completely.
- When everything cooks completely and the gravy becomes thick, remove from heat and keep aside.
- Now for the mash potato, boil 2 big potatoes in microwave for about 8 -9 minutes.
- Peel and smash them with a fork.
- Add in 2 tablespoons soft butter, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons thick youghrt, chilli flakes, crushed black pepper and salt. You can also use olive oil, if you want to reduce the amount of butter.
- Mix everything well to make a homogeneous soft mixture.
- Take a round or square shape baking dish of medium size.
- Pre heat oven at 180 degree C.
- Place the prepared filling to the bottom of the dish to make a thick layer.
- Next place the prepared mash potato over the filling.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon breadcrumb, 2 tablespoons grated cheese, tomato ketchup and some spring onion.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the filling starts bubbling and top of the pie becomes light golden brown.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and then with a sharp knife slice into your desired size.
- Serve these delicious and flavourful shephard pie warm as breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Mix instant mashed potato powder with hot water (according to the instruction) and stir until done. Mix the mashed potato with shredded cheddar cheese. You can leave the skin on Yukon Gold or red-skinned potatoes. Cover the potatoes with cold water in a large pot; season with salt. This collection of cottage pie recipes features plenty of takes of this classic comfort food.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food shepherd pie with winter veggies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!