Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, seafood lasagna. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This lightened version of creamy seafood lasagna features both shrimp and crabmeat, reduced-fat cheeses, and low-fat milk. Can't have Seafood Lasagna without seafood, of course. A creamy Italian style Seafood Lasagna filled with a delicious mix of shrimp, scallops, salmon and cod in a creamy béchamel sauce and baked in layers of wide lasagna noodles..
Seafood Lasagna is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Seafood Lasagna is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have seafood lasagna using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood Lasagna:
- Get 1 Green Onion (diced)
- Make ready 1 medium Onion (diced)
- Take 2 Tbsp Butter
- Prepare 1/2 cup Butter
- Prepare 8 oz Clam Juice
- Take 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- Take 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- Get 1 LB Scallops (small)
- Get 1 Lb Shrimp (small)
- Prepare 2 Lb Crab meat (imitation or real)
- Get 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Get 1/2 cup Flour
- Get 1 1/2 cups milk
- Get 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Take 1 cup Whipping cream
- Take 2 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Get 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Prepare 12 Lasagna noodles (cooked)
- Get 2 cups Cottage cheese (lasagna style)
- Take 1 egg
- Get 2 Tbsp parsley flakes
I think the clam juice is what gives the sauce such a good flavor. The seafood lasagna. a lasagna is a very delicious way to have seafood! This seafood lasagna with white sauce is always a very appreciated meal, and your guests will enjoy it for sure. Seafood lasagna contains shrimp and shrimp has many health benefits.
Steps to make Seafood Lasagna:
- In large skillet, saute onions in the 2 tablespoons of butter until tender. Stir in broth and clam juice, bring to a boil. Add scallops, shrimp, crab, old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper and return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes stirring gently. Drain, saving liquid, and setting seafood mixture aside.
- In large saucepan, melt the remaining butter, stirring flour until smooth. Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid slowly to the saucepan to create a smooth roux. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from Heat, stir in cream and parmesan cheese. Stir until well Incorporated. Remove one cup of sauce for later.
- Add Seafood mixture to the white sauce mixture in saucepan and stir gently.
- In a bowl combine cottage cheese, parsley, and egg. Stir well.
- Time to build. Place half of the sauce that was taken out earlier on bottom of pan. Place 3 noodles. Add some of the seafood mixture in an even layer. 3 more noodles. Now layer the cottage cheese mixture, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella on. (Pic. 1). 3 more noodles, and another layer of seafood mixture. Last 3 noodles, now spread the remainder of the reserved white sauce on top, then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 35 minutes and cheese is starting to brown and bubble. Remove and let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
- Side Note: I had leftover seafood mixture so I cooked up some manicotti noodles and used the remaining mixture for stuffing them. Baked at 350°F for 15 minutes.
This Seafood Lasagna is sure to be a hit at the dinner table. This outrageously tasty dish combines lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, succulent shrimp, scallops, and a heavenly homemade Alfredo sauce. Seafood Lasagna - creamy, cheesy deliciousness that's super easy to prepare with no-boil lasagna noodles. (Photo by Laurie Smith). I love crab and shrimp, especially when paired with a cheese sauce. Lasagna gets a tasty twist in this seafood version that's packed with shrimp, crabmeat and Swiss and Parmesan cheeses.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food seafood lasagna recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!