Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, shepherd's pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make, you'll enjoy making it!
Shepherd's pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Shepherd's pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have shepherd's pie using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's pie:
- Prepare 1 kg meat
- Make ready Onions
- Take Garlic
- Take Ginger
- Prepare Tomatoes
- Prepare 1 cup diced carrots
- Prepare 1 cup cooked peas
- Make ready Potatoes
- Prepare Powdered tumeric (optional)
- Take Powdered ginger(optional)
- Make ready Cooking oil
- Prepare Black pepper
- Take 1 scoop butter
- Make ready Milk
However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling. In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies).
Steps to make Shepherd's pie:
- Brown the meat on a pan with some cooking oil. Heat is on high
- As it starts browning, add chopped onions, diced carrots and black pepper. Stir everything
- Add salt, garlic-ginger paste, stir and cook for a minute. *garlic-ginger paste is made by blending garlic,ginger and a pinch of salt, or grinding them together using a kitchen pestle and mortar.
- Add tomatoes and a little water, then cover your cooking pan/ pot and allow to simmer.
- While the meat is simmering, pot the potatoes in a pot with water, salt, powdered tumeric powdered ginger and boil till tender.
- To the meat add some water if it has dried up, then add the cooked peas. Let it heat up a little, remove from heat and let cool.
- For the potatoes, once tender, drain any excess water.
- Add some butter/margarine, a bit of milk and mash until creamy. * mash while hot.
- Using an oven proof dish, fill it halfway with the cool minced meat. Smoothen the top. Preheat oven at 180°c
- Scoop the hot or warm mashed potatoes and spread it evenly so as to cover the meat.
- Place the dish into the oven for 20-30 min or until the po6turn golden brown.
- Scoop and serve
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie - AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) with vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes, and baked.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food shepherd's pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!