Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
And so, we introduce, our veggie shepherd's pie. Starting with a simple stew base and topped with the most amazing combination of sweet potato and celeriac, it's just the kind of comforting goodness we crave at this time of year. Enjoy it on a gym day, people, and reap the carb rewards. Play around with the veg in this.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping:
- Get Pie filling
- Make ready 1 tin green lentils
- Take 1 pouch / sachet puy lentils (I used merchant gourmet)
- Get 1 white onion finely chopped
- Get 2 carrots finely chopped
- Prepare 1 stick celery finely chopped
- Make ready 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Make ready 2 tbsp tikka spice
- Get 1 tbsp garam masala
- Prepare 2 tbsp tomato purée
- Get 1 tbsp siracha
- Make ready 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Take 250 ml vegetable stock
- Get 1-2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Get 1 bay leaf
- Make ready Seasoning
- Get Celeriac mash
- Prepare 1 whole celeriac peeled and chopped into chunks
- Make ready 2-3 potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks
- Get 1 tsp butter
- Make ready Seasoning
- Make ready Dried breadcrumbs
- Get Parmesan cheese (optional)
If you're looking for a vegetarian-friendly meal, this Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie is a meatless version of the classic comfort dish. Instead of meat, I use mushrooms and quinoa, load it up with colorful vegetables and cook that all in a rich gravy sauce. It's an excellent balanced meal, and it's also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes from the holidays! The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
Steps to make Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c
- Heat a tbsp oil in a large pan and slowly fry the onions for 3-4 mins. Then add the carrots, celery, garlic and some salt. Cook for 5 mins, then add the spices and cook for another 3-5 mins until the veg is soft.
- Add the lentils, tomato purée, tinned tomatoes, siracha, stock and herbs and simmer for 15 minutes until the stock reduces. Add a little water if it gets too dry.
- Meanwhile add the celeriac, potatoes and a little salt to a pot of cold water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down and simmer for 15 minutes until soft.
- Taste the lentils and add a little more seasoning if needed. Then add them to an ovenproof dish.
- Mash the celeriac and potatoes with the butter and add to the top of the lentils. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and place in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove and sprinkle with cheese (optional) and return to the oven for another 20 minutes until the topping is golden. Serve 🤤
It's an excellent balanced meal, and it's also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes from the holidays! The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love! Vegan Version: Use olive oil in place of butter and non-dairy milk in place of the yogurt. Meat Version: Add browned ground meat to the gravy mixture. Heat oil in a medium pot over medium.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!