Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, tomato soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tomato soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Tomato soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Tomato soup is a soup made with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be made in a variety of ways. It may be smooth in texture, and there are also recipes that include chunks of tomato, cream, chicken or vegetable stock, vermicelli.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have tomato soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato soup:
- Take 500 grams Tomatoes (ripe red tomatoes) cubed
- Prepare 1 tbsp olive oil
- Get 1 Small bay leaf
- Prepare 1 medium onion cubed
- Get 2 large garlic cloves
- Get 1/3 tsp Salt or as needed
- Prepare 2 stalks Basil
- Make ready 1/2 cup water (or stock) more if needed
- Get 3/4 tsp cornflour
- Prepare 1 tbsp sugar
- Prepare 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prepare 1/4 tsp dried herbs
- Prepare 2 tbsp cream
This tomato soup recipe is ultra creamy, but not full of cream—watch this short recipe video to see how. Silky tomato soup is like the little black dress of soups. Unadorned and paired with a grilled cheese sandwich, it's a comforting lunch. This is my best tomato soup recipe with a simple but delicious twist which starts by roasting tomato and garlic for seriously intense flavour!
Steps to make Tomato soup:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf, - garlic and onions. Saute all of - these on a high flame for 3 to 4 - mins.
- Then add in tomatoes and salt. - Stir and cook until soft. - Next add in basil and cook until - tomatoes turn completely - mushy. Turn off and cool.
- Discard the basil & bay leaf. - Add the mushy tomato mixture - along with the juices to a blender - jar.
- Pour 1 cup water or stock and - blend smooth. Place a sieve over a pot & transfer the blended tomato - soup to it.
- Filter and discard the - leftovers. Bring it to a boil
- Meanwhile stir in corn starch in - half cup water and add it - gradually to the boiling tomato - soup. - Stir constantly and boil until - slightly thick.
- Add sugar & more salt if desired. - Simmer until it reaches a desired - consistency.Add herbs & pepper. Cover the soup & turn off the stove. Allow it to cool down a bit before adding the cream.
- Spread butter on the bread - slices and toast them on - medium heat until crisp. - Then cut them to bite sized heart - pieces.
You wouldn't think that three ingredients — butter, onion, and tomato — can come together to make such a velvety and delicious tomato soup, but let me tell you. Creamy Tomato Soup with Buttery Croutons. Back to Creamy Tomato Soup with Buttery Croutons. Tomato soup is a healthy, low-calorie comfort food. It is also a great way to warm up on a rainy day and it goes perfectly with grilled cheese sandwiches or Parmesan crisps.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food tomato soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!