Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, delicata squash shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Check the squash with a fork. If it's soft enough to go thru the fork then it's ready. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Cut the squash in half lengthwise, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have delicata squash shepherds pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie:
- Get 4 small delicata Squash, cleaned and cut in cubes
- Get 2 cups, water
- Take 1 cup cooked mashed potatoes
- Take 1 vegan chicken bouillon cube
- Get 2 cups cooked red lentils (or any lentil of your choice)
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup each of chopped celery, onions and carrots
- Get 1 can tomato sauce, 8oz
- Prepare 1 cup thinly sliced green chard
- Get 1-2 tbsp Badia Mediterranean Blend
- Prepare 3 crushed garlic cloves or 1tbsp of ajo
- Make ready 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Take 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Make ready to taste Salt/pepper
Delicatas can be harder to find than butternut or acorn squash (unless you live in Vermont, where they seem to be everywhere), but the quest is well worth it for the resulting pie. Arrange squash pieces in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Slice the delicata in two and put each half in one inch of water in a baking dish, face down. When finished, pull out of the oven and allow to cool.
Instructions to make Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie:
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Stir and cook for about 10-11 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the green chard and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add the lentils, liquid smoke, mediterranean seasoning and tomato sauce to the veggies. Add another tbsp of coconut oil to keep the food from sticking to the pan. Cook for another 7-9 minutes. Set aside
- Clean and cube the squash. In small pot, put in the squash, water and bouillon then cook for approx. 20-30 minutes on medium heat. Check the squash with a fork. If it's soft enough to go thru the fork then it's ready. When it's ready pour half of the liquid out of the pot. Add the cooked mashed potatoes to the squash then start to mash the ingredients together. When it becomes a smooth mixture, stir until fully blended.
- Take a 8"or 9" casserole dish and add the veggie mix to the dish. Evenly spread the mix throughout the dish. Take squash/potatoe mashed mix and put on top evenly coating the dish. Set oven to broil. Broil the dish for 10-15 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Bon Appetite!
Slice the delicata in two and put each half in one inch of water in a baking dish, face down. When finished, pull out of the oven and allow to cool. Cut ends off of squash, then cut in half lengthwise. Cut squash into ½" half moons. On a large baking sheet toss squash with oil and curry powder.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food delicata squash shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!