Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken in milk. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Perhaps an odd combination but Chicken in Milk is a fantastic recipe that must be tried; it's a simple chicken dish, great served with potato and veg. Trust us, you're going to love this one! It might sound unusual, but Jamie's method of cooking a whole chicken will blow you away.
Chicken in Milk is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Chicken in Milk is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken in milk using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken in Milk:
- Get 1 1/2 kg chicken, either whole or in pieces
- Get 2 lemons, zest only
- Take 1 cinnamon stick
- Make ready 4 fresh sage leaves
- Get 10 garlic cloves, in their jackets
- Make ready 50 ml (approximately) olive oil, extra virgin or butter
- Make ready sea salt
- Get freshly ground black pepper
- Take 550 ml milk
The milk breaks apart in the acidity and heat to become a ropy and fascinating sauce, and the garlic Season the chicken aggressively with the salt and pepper. Place a pot that will fit the chicken snugly. The lemon zest will sort of split the milk, making a sauce, which is absolutely fantastic. "Chicken in Milk" was odd yet intriguing, and I cooked it right away. The aroma was amazing, and the chicken ranked with the most tender I've ever consumed.
Steps to make Chicken in Milk:
- Preheat oven to 190c/gas mark 5/ 375°F. And season the chicken generously.
- In a deep heavy pan brown the chicken in olive oil.
- Times vary depending on the size of the chicken. My chicken was cut into medium pieces so it took about 5-10 minutes to brown the chicken. Turn the chicken a few times to get an even colour all over.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. In the original recipe it's recommended you remove the excess fat. Don't throw it away as it has good flavour and you can use it to make roast potatoes or in a different dish.
- Put the chicken back into the pot. Pour in the milk and add in the lemon zest, cinnamon stick, fresh sage, salt and scatter the garlic cloves in the pan.
- Cover with lid and transfer to the oven. Bake for 60 minutes. Baste with the juices occasionally.
- Remove lid and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes. Then to serve pull the meat off the bone. On the plate spoon the juices over the meat.
I made the recipe several more times. A whole chicken is simmered in a sauce of milk, lemon zest, cinnamon, and plenty of sage and Instant Pot® chicken in milk recipe that's adapted from Jamie Oliver's oven roasted chicken in milk. The chicken gets fall off the bone tender, and the lemon breaks the milk into this wonderful, curdy, lemony delicious sauce. It may look a little weird with the split milk in the sauce, but I dare you not to.. Chicken In Milk Recipes on Yummly
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken in milk recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!