Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, low fat healthy clam chowder. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Categories: Chowder Clam Recipes Shellfish Recipes Low-Fat Gluten Free. Recipe for Low Fat Clam Chowder.
Low fat healthy clam chowder is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Low fat healthy clam chowder is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have low fat healthy clam chowder using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Low fat healthy clam chowder:
- Prepare 1 can chopped clams (approximately 6.5 ounces)
- Take 1 parsnip
- Get 1 medium potato or 2 small potatoes
- Get 1 small carrot
- Make ready 1/2 stalk celery
- Get 1/2 bell pepper
- Get 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Get 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Take 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Take 1/2 a bay leaf
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Get 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare .25 cups unsweetened soy milk or nonfat milk
- Make ready Fresh curly parsley to garnish
- Take Sourdough bread
This lighter Clam Chowder, full of canned clams, potatoes, and corn, is still creamy but with less fat than most other versions. This thick and creamy chowder is lighter and healthier than most traditional clam chowders. For some other chowder recipes, try my Creamy Roasted Cauliflower. The classic clam chowder recipe got reinvented, but it still maintains all that bacon and its creamy taste without, well, all that extra cream.
Instructions to make Low fat healthy clam chowder:
- Wash, peel and chop the parsnip. Place in a pot with water and boil until soft.
- Purée the parsnips with an immersion blender and pour back into the pan.
- Wash, peel and chop the carrots. Wash and chop the potatoes. Add to the pan along with salt, herbs and spices. Open and drain liquid from clams into a bowl. Add to pot.
- Turn stove on medium low and simmer for about 5 minutes until the carrots and potatoes are a little soft. Stir frequently.
- When the carrots and potatoes are about half cooked, add chopped celery and peppers. Cook until all veggies are soft. Remove pan from heat and add soy milk and clams.
- Remove bay leaf. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, serve with crusty sourdough bread and enjoy.
In this healthy clam chowder recipe, traditional heavy cream is replaced with milk and flour-thickened clam juice and we keep sodium amounts reasonable with lower-sodium clam juice instead of higher-sodium broths. The clam chowder originated from the Eastern United States. The famous New England chowder was brought to the region by the British, Scotian and It's crucial to note that it's a healthy combination that is free of cholesterol and low in fat. It further has no artificial flavors. It will serve you as a perfect.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food low fat healthy clam chowder recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!