Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, lentil shepherd's pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lentil Shepherd's Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Lentil Shepherd's Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To make the lentil shepherd's pie: Chop up your veggies, and prep for the mash potatoes. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the warm milk mixture to the potatoes and continue to mash until combined but still chunky. Spoon the lentil mixture into a medium pie dish and top with the champ.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lentil shepherd's pie using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil Shepherd's Pie:
- Take Ingredients for potato topping: -
- Prepare 4 no medium size potatoes boiled and peeled
- Make ready 1/4 cup milk
- Take 1 tbsp olive oil
- Take 1/4 tsp salt
- Take Ingredients for making lentil stuffing:-
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup cooked green french lentil/sabut masoor dal
- Take 1 large size carrot
- Make ready 1 stalk celery
- Take 1 medium size onion
- Make ready 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Take 2 no garlic cloves
- Take 1 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1/2 cup peas
- Make ready 1 cup pomegranate Juice
- Get 1/2-3/4 cup vegetable broth/water
- Get 1 tsp thyme leaves dried
- Make ready 1 tsp garlic powder
- Take Salt and black pepper powder as per taste
- Take 2-3 tbsp chopped celery leaves
Packed with flavorful lentil mushroom filling hidden under a layer of creamy pureed potatoes, it's rich, cozy and satisfying — perfect for those chilly evenings. Perfect for Thanksgiving or a weeknight dinner! French green lentils (Puy lentils) make a hearty base for this vegetarian shepherd's pie. They may be slighter harder to find than other lentils, but they're worth the extra effort.
Steps to make Lentil Shepherd's Pie:
- Chop onion, carrot, garlic and celery in small pieces in separate bowls and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high flame.
- Put a pinch of salt and black pepper in hot oil along with chopped vegetables and keep stirring continuously for 6-7 minutes until the vegetables are cooked properly.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add pomegranate juice and cook till it is over.
- Slow down the heat,add cooked lentils, peas, tomatoes paste, 1/2 cups vegetable broth, thyme, garlic powder, salt and black pepper and cook on low flame stirring continuously for 5 minutes.
- If the pulses become very dry, mix 1/4 cup broth more and mix well.Remove from flame and keep it aside.
- In a big bowl add boiled potatoes and mash with the help of masher.
- Add milk,oil, salt and pepper in mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Preheat the oven for 200 minutes at 10 minutes.
- Put the prepared mixture of lentils in ramkins or baking dish and put a layer of potato mixture over it.
- Bake at 200 * C for 10-15 minutes.Broil the potatoes for two more minutes to make it crispy.
- Once done remove from the oven,garnish with chopped celery leaves and serve hot.
French green lentils (Puy lentils) make a hearty base for this vegetarian shepherd's pie. They may be slighter harder to find than other lentils, but they're worth the extra effort. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with lamb, whereas cottage pie is made with beef. We're keeping things vegetarian and are using lentils to replace the meat, so you can call it lentil cottage pie or lentil shepherd's pie as you wish. What goes into Lentil Shepherd's Pie?
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food lentil shepherd's pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!