Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, vegan friendly hazelnut and chocolate 'chelsea buns'. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegan Friendly Hazelnut and Chocolate 'Chelsea Buns' is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Vegan Friendly Hazelnut and Chocolate 'Chelsea Buns' is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have vegan friendly hazelnut and chocolate 'chelsea buns' using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Friendly Hazelnut and Chocolate 'Chelsea Buns':
- Take Bread
- Prepare 8 g sachet instant dry yeast
- Make ready 1/4 cup warm water
- Make ready 3 and 1/2 cups white flour
- Take 1 Tbsp sugar
- Make ready 3/4 cup warm soy milk
- Take 3 Tbsp melted vegetable based spread
- Get Filling
- Make ready 2 Tbsp vegetable based spread
- Take 1/2 cup dark cane sugar (just brown will do)
- Prepare About 1 cup chopped hazelnut
- Make ready 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Prepare Cinnamon
- Make ready Mixed spice
- Prepare Glaze
- Take 1 tsp agar agar flakes
- Get 2 Tbsp warm water
- Make ready 1 Tbsp sugar
- Get Icing
- Take 4 Tbsp icing sugar
- Prepare Juice of half a lemon
- Get 1 single drop red food colouring or pink food colouring
Steps to make Vegan Friendly Hazelnut and Chocolate 'Chelsea Buns':
- Put water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and leave for about 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Add melted spread and soy milk, mix.
- Add 3 cups of flour and stir until it forms a ball. It'll get pretty hard to mix but hang in there. Leave the other 1/2 cup of flour.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (springs back when you pull it).
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl and leave to rise in a warm place for an hour or so, until it's at least doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Take out of bowl and knead lightly on lightly floured surface. Roll out into about a 30cm X 25 cm rectangle.
- Combine all filling ingredients and spread out on the rectangle, making sure it reaches the edges.
- Roll from the shortest side into a log. Cut into 12 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Stuff into a sponge tin and bake for about 25 minutes.
- While waiting, whip up the icing by combining all ingredients. It should be a little runny.
- Also while waiting combine the glaze ingredients in a saucepan on the stove until the sugar is dissolved. Strain the jelly-like pieces with a sieve.
- When out of the oven, brush with glaze, it will give a much more shiny appearance.
- Lastly, when the buns are cool, drizzle with icing.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food vegan friendly hazelnut and chocolate 'chelsea buns' recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!