Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chocolate chunk sourdough bread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chocolate chunk sourdough bread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread:
- Get Sourdough Pre-dough
- Prepare 45 g bread flour or all purpose flour
- Make ready 30 g sourdough starter (wet kind)
- Make ready 15 g water (1 Tbsp), might need 1 more Tbsp
- Prepare Main Dough
- Take 425 g bread flour
- Take 265 g water (265 ml)
- Get 10 g salt
- Make ready 1/2 g active dry yeast (1 heaping 1/8 tsp)
- Make ready 30 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- Make ready 75 g dark molasses (or honey)
- Get Mix-ins
- Take 100 g semi-sweet chocolate, cut into chunks
Steps to make Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread:
- Mix the sourdough pre-dough together in a small bowl. Cover and let rest for 12 hours at room temperature.
- After 12 hours, mix the pre-dough with the main dough ingredients in a large bowl until the dough comes together.
- Remove to a floured working surface and knead for 15 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Fold in the chocolate in batches.
- When all chocolate is folded in, knead for 1 more minute.
- Return dough to bowl, cover and let rise 2 hours at room temperature.
- After 2 hours, divide the dough into two equal portions. Shape into a round boules or longer oval loaf, or one each.
- Dust with a little flour and cover with a clean cloth. Let rise another 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 230C/445F. While preheating, place a shallow tray at the bottom of the oven for creating steam. We'll be pouring in boiling water in right before baking to get the steam.
- When ready to bake, prepare some boiling water to pour in the tray at the bottom of the oven.
- Cut a slit down the center of each bread dough right before putting in oven to bake.
- Pour in some boiling water into the tray, then immediately put in the bread. Bake at 230°C/445°F for 10 minutes then remove the steam tray. Lower heat to 190°C/375°F and bak for another 25 minutes. (Total 35 minutes). Remove and let cool on a rack.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chocolate chunk sourdough bread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!