Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, berliner (german doughnuts). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Berliner (German Doughnuts) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Berliner (German Doughnuts) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have berliner (german doughnuts) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Berliner (German Doughnuts):
- Prepare 1 cup warm milk (115 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Take 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Prepare 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Take 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- Prepare 3 tablespoons sugar
- Get 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Take 3 egg yolks
- Make ready Canola oil for frying
- Get 10 ounces jam (raspberry, strawberry, plum, cherry, or apricot)
- Make ready 2 cups powdered sugar
Steps to make Berliner (German Doughnuts):
- In a small bowl, combine warm milk and butter, stirring to melt. - Sprinkle yeast over the milk and stir to combine. Let sit until yeast softens and begins to foam, about 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a large food processor fitted with a dough blade, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add milk and egg yolks.
- Process until a smooth dough forms. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning to coat.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Time permitting, place the bowl in refrigerator after doubling to chill, making the dough easier to roll out.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough until it is 1/2 inches thick. Cut with a 3 inch circular cutter and allow the cut doughnuts to rise until puffy, about 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 inches of canola oil over medium heat to maintain a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry the doughnuts, about 3 at a time to avoid overcrowding and top side down first, until they are golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove with a large slotted spoon to a towel-lined plate.
- Fit a pastry bag with a small to medium tip and fill with jam. Use a toothpick to poke a hole in the side of each doughnut and pipe in the jam.
- Top with powdered sugar.
- Please tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram if you try it!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food berliner (german doughnuts) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!