Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, apple cake. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Looking For Yummy Fruit Cake Recipes? Visit Our Website For Tasty Recipes, Now! Warm apple cake from the oven is the flavor of fall. Cinnamon, caramel, nuts, and frostings set these cakes apart.
Apple Cake is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Apple Cake is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have apple cake using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Cake:
- Make ready For the pastry
- Get 460 g self raising flour
- Take 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Take 115 g butter
- Make ready 115 g cookeen
- Prepare 200 ml cold water (approx)
- Prepare For the filling
- Make ready 3 Bramley Apples
- Get 2-3 tbsp Caster sugar
- Make ready Drop milk
- Get For the topping
- Take 1-2 tbsp granulated sugar
Apple Cake and Ice Cream Make your apple cake a la mode with this sinfully delicious recipe from Rachael. A good apple cake recipe turns out moist, dense and down-right delicious. With German and Jewish roots, we've tested and selected our favorite old-fashioned apple cake recipes—and included few new spins, too. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more.
Steps to make Apple Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan assisted. Grease standard dinner plate with butter.
- Add flour and sugar to big bowl and rub butter and cooking fat into the mixture until it's like a breadcrumb look and texture.
- Create a well in the middle and add cold water gradually. Each flour is different and will need different amounts of water. Ensure pastry comes together and not too wet. Bring together in a ball and cut into four. Put one ball aside for top of cake. Rest of pastry is enough to make a second cake.
- Flour surface, rolling pin and pastry then roll out pastry thinly to fit plate. When ready, roll back onto rolling pin and then roll forward onto plate trimming all the edges and patching any holes if necessary.
- Wash, peel, core and slice apples but not too thick because they haven't been stewed in advance. Spread evenly on top of pastry and top with caster sugar. Leave gap on outsides and then brush milk around outsides to help with layers joining later.
- Repeat pastry process with ball set aside earlier and put on top. Press down on outsides and trim all edges. Then dip fork into water and crinkle pastry with back of fork on outsides. Dip fork into water and pierce 4-6 holes on top to allow steam to escape during cooking.
- Place in oven for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack before decorating with granulated sugar. Enjoy on its own or with custard or fresh cream.
With German and Jewish roots, we've tested and selected our favorite old-fashioned apple cake recipes—and included few new spins, too. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more. After testing many apple cake recipes with fresh apples, this old-fashioned cake is moist, dense and down-home delicious. Even better, it 's quick to fix and, served warm with whipped cream or a dollop of frozen custard, one of my family's very favorite recipes for decades. —Sherry Ashenfelter, Waterville, Ohio This German Apple Cake is a moist dense cake that keeps well. It has been a family favorite for twenty years.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food apple cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!