Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, blueberry streusel scones recipe. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Blueberry Streusel Scones Recipe is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Blueberry Streusel Scones Recipe is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly butter or spray the baking sheet with a non stick vegetable spray. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder. The crunchy sweetness of the streusel makes this Blueberry Streusel Scone extra special as it goes so well with the sweet tanginess of the blueberries.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook blueberry streusel scones recipe using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Blueberry Streusel Scones Recipe:
- Take Blueberry Streusel Scones
- Get 2 cup all purpose flour
- Prepare 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- Make ready 2 tsp baking powder
- Get 1/8 tsp salt
- Make ready 6 tbsp chilled, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Get 1 cup fresh blueberries (or chocolate chips, cranberries and so forth)
- Take 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Prepare 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Take 1/2 cup milk or cream
- Prepare Brushing tops of scones
- Get 1 milk or cream
- Take Streusel Topping
- Get 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Get 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Take 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Make ready 2 tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Blueberries and the strudel topping make this scone recipe more like a dessert than a tea biscuit. Add in some lemon zest for another flavor component! Place the scones on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush the tops with a little heavy cream. Even though it looked like it was a lot of work I wanted to give it a try and I'm very glad that I did it, because the scones turned out very flaky and bakery style.
Steps to make Blueberry Streusel Scones Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200 degrees C) and place oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly butter or spray the baking sheet with a non stick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut the cold butter into small pieces and blend into the flour mixture with a pastry blender, your fingertips, or two knives. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs. Gently fold in the blueberries. In a separate bowl whisk the beaten egg with the vanilla and milk. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until the dough comes together. Do not over mix the dough or the scones will be tough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and gentlyknead the dough four or five times and then pat the dough into a 7 inch (18 cm) round. Cut this circle in half, then cut each half into four pie-shaped wedges (triangles). Place the scones on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with a little cream or milk.
- Streusel Topping: In a bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Top each scone with a teaspoon or two of the streusel mixture. Cover and refrigerate any leftover streusel mixture.
- Bake the scones until nicely browned, about 18 - 22 minutesor until a toothpick inserted in the center of a scone comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. These are best eaten the day they are made but can be covered and stored for a few days. The scones can also be frozen.
These scones are easy as pie. Best enjoyed still warm from the oven and smothered in generous helpings of butter and jam. Transfer the scones to the prepared baking tray. Beat the remaining egg, then lightly brush it over the top of each scone. Blueberry Scones - soft, crumbly and sweet homemade scones loaded with fresh blueberries.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food blueberry streusel scones recipe recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!