Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, marzipan stuffed sultana (raisin) bread cake. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Marzipan Stuffed Sultana (Raisin) Bread Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Marzipan Stuffed Sultana (Raisin) Bread Cake is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Roll Marzipan into a long sausage shape and slightly flatten it. Place Marzipan in centre, then fold the dough in thirds. I saw 'Stollen' in an ALDI store and the 'Stollen', that was made with so many ingredients including Palm Oil and Preservatives, inspired me to make this Sultana Bread Cake. Continue to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have marzipan stuffed sultana (raisin) bread cake using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Marzipan Stuffed Sultana (Raisin) Bread Cake:
- Get 1/2-1 cup Rum Steeped Sultanas OR Raisins (see recipe)
- Prepare Zest of 1/2 Lemon *grated
- Take 20 g Butter *to spread over the baked cake
- Prepare Icing Sugar for dusting
- Get Pastry
- Take 2 teaspoons Dry Yeast
- Make ready 1 cup Bread Flour
- Prepare 1 cup Plain Flour *plus extra for kneading
- Prepare 1/4 cup Sugar
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Get 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Prepare 1/4 cup Milk
- Take 2 Eggs *room temperature, lightly whisked
- Prepare 60 g Butter *softened
- Prepare Marzipan
- Take 1 cup Almond Meal
- Make ready 1 cup Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- Get 2 tablespoons Milk
Black Forest Cake One of Germany's most famous cake creations known all around the world, made with sour cherries, whipped cream and a chocolate cake base. Black Forest Cherry Cream Dessert Beat soaked raisins into a flavoured butter and add the mixture to baked apples or stuffed pancakes. Brandy, rum and Calvados all taste good. Golden and green raisins are often used in creamy.
Steps to make Marzipan Stuffed Sultana (Raisin) Bread Cake:
- Combine all the Pastry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well to form a soft dough. Add Rum Steeped Sultanas and Lemon Zest, and knead to combine, gradually adding extra Flour as required, until smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a plate or plastic wrap, and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- To make Marzipan, combine Almond Meal and Icing Sugar in a bowl, add Milk and mix well. Then knead until required texture is achieved. If it is too wet, add extra Almond Meal.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into 1cm thick square, that will be about 30cm x 30cm square.
- Roll Marzipan into a long sausage shape and slightly flatten it. Place Marzipan in centre, then fold the dough in thirds.
- Place the log on a baking tray lined with baking paper, cover with tea towel or plastic wrap, and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Bake for 30 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through. When the top gets too dark, cover with a sheet of foil.
- Spread Butter on top and transfer to a wire rack to cool. When it is cooled, dust with Icing Sugar.
Brandy, rum and Calvados all taste good. Golden and green raisins are often used in creamy. Try substituting buttermilk for your liquid instead of the raisin water. Also we do frost the cake with a Caramel frosting. Marzipan Stuffed Sultana (Raisin) Bread Cake.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food marzipan stuffed sultana (raisin) bread cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!