Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, 🎄❄⛄🍩🎂🍫yule log or chocolate log 🍫🎂🍩 ⛄❄🎄. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
🎄❄⛄🍩🎂🍫Yule Log or chocolate log 🍫🎂🍩 ⛄❄🎄 is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. 🎄❄⛄🍩🎂🍫Yule Log or chocolate log 🍫🎂🍩 ⛄❄🎄 is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
For your next baking project, try Chef John's Yule log, or Buche de Noel, a chocolate sponge cake roll filled with rich mocha buttercream and frosted with chocolate ganache. Chocolate Yule Log For many years, this impressive rolled cake has been a favorite Christmas dessert for our family— everyone just loves it! Plus, I'm always asked to bring the rich chocolaty treat to our annual church Christmas function. You'll love the chocolate here because it mimics the real bark of a tree, but the cake could be frosted with a vanilla frosting too!
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have 🎄❄⛄🍩🎂🍫yule log or chocolate log 🍫🎂🍩 ⛄❄🎄 using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make 🎄❄⛄🍩🎂🍫Yule Log or chocolate log 🍫🎂🍩 ⛄❄🎄:
- Take 3 egg yolks 20g of sugar 15ml (3tbls) of vegetable oil
- Take 10 ml (2 tbls) milk 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Prepare 15 g cocoa powder 20g of all purpose flour
- Take 3 egg whites 30g of sugar
- Take Whipped Cream filling
- Make ready 200 ml whipping cream 15g of sugar
- Make ready 5-6 tbls warm Nutella (optional)
The larger size allows for you to later cut part of the log off and attach it to the side for a little branch. This chocolate yule log recipe will make your whole holiday! Chocolate cake spiraled around a fluffy chocolate filling & frosted with whipped ganache. I promised you a showstopping dessert before the holidays, and boy, here it is!
Steps to make 🎄❄⛄🍩🎂🍫Yule Log or chocolate log 🍫🎂🍩 ⛄❄🎄:
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together until the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes homogenised. - - 2. Whisk in the oil and milk briefly.
- Add in the vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Mix until well combined. - - 4. Sift in the flour and whisk briefly until just mixed in; do not over-mix. - - 5. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites and sugar until stiff and glossy peaks form. This will take around 2-5 minutes depending on your mixer.
- Loosen up the egg yolk mixture by whisking in 1/4 of the egg whites until the whole mixture is one even color. - - 7. Fold in another 1/4 of the egg whites gently using stroke-like 'figure 8' motions. Repeat for the rest of the egg whites making sure to maintain the air whipped into them.
- Pour the batter into a 12"x 12" pan lined with parchment paper. Drop this pan on the table 2-3 times from 25cm above to release all the air bubbles. - - 9. Bake at 200c for 10 minutes only. Do not over-bake; keep a close eye on the cake while it's baking!
- Remove cake. Flip the pan on a new sheet of parchment paper (dusted generously with cocoa powder to ensure that it does not stick) and peel off the one attached to the bake cake carefully- making sure you do not rip the corners off. Let it cool. - Drop the cake pan 2-3 times again at this point to prevent/minimise shrinkage. - - 11. Whip cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract if desired.
- Spread an even, but thin layer of cream on top of the whole sheet cake. Don't add too much cream towards the edges or it may ooze out and look messy. Also, doing so might create pressure when rolling the cake, causing it to crack. - - 13. Slowly roll the cake using the parchment paper to help. Fold about 1 inch of the at the start and roll while peeling the paper behind. While doing this, make sure you keep your roll cake nice and tight. - Roll the cake by lifting the parchment paper vertically
- Refrigerate the cake for 3-5 hours (preferably overnight) so that the cream can set and that the cake itself will have a chance to retain its rigid rolled shape. - And Nutella in a microwave just a few seconds and spread evenly top of the log & decorate with your own choice.
- To serve, use a serrated knife to trim off the edge pieces. To cut the slices cleanly, take a cup of warm water and a clean cloth/paper kitchen towel, and wipe after each consequent slice. - - While rolling the cake, if you are struggling, you may find using a rolling at the back of the cake helps. This means that you can roll while gently tightening the cake for a tight roll. - - Enjoy! With tea or coffee ☕🍰 😊
- #Tip - - Like with all recipes, make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature so that they combine well. (e.g the eggs won't separate with the butter and the batter won't split.)
Chocolate cake spiraled around a fluffy chocolate filling & frosted with whipped ganache. I promised you a showstopping dessert before the holidays, and boy, here it is! Yule log, aka: Buche de Noel. A Yule log isn't the easiest cake to make, but neither is it the most difficult. All that is needed is time, patience, and a light hand.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food 🎄❄⛄🍩🎂🍫yule log or chocolate log 🍫🎂🍩 ⛄❄🎄 recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!