Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, sugar cookie (plain - before dressing). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sugar Cookie (Plain - Before Dressing) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Sugar Cookie (Plain - Before Dressing) is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sugar cookie (plain - before dressing) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sugar Cookie (Plain - Before Dressing):
- Get 452 g unsalted butter
- Take (Cool, not room temperature)
- Get 440 g granulated sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 2 large eggs (cool)
- Get 1 tbsp vanilla
- Prepare 768 g all purpose flour
Steps to make Sugar Cookie (Plain - Before Dressing):
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add cool unsalted butter, sugar & salt. Turn mixer on the lowest speed available to avoid incorporating air into the dough. Air will cause spreading. Mix until it starts to incorporate.
- Add 2 cold eggs & vanilla. Turn mixer on to the lowest speed & mix just until the eggs & vanilla have incorporated into the butter & sugar. It will still look sort of lumpy or curdled but thats alright as long as there s no big chunks of butter. Scrape down the bottom & sides of the bowl. If needed, mix for a few more seconds.
- Next, Add the flour. Again, turn mixer on to the lowest setting & mix until it all comes together. It will start to clean the sides of the bowl & gather onto the paddle. It doesn’t take long. Turn the mixer off & touch the dough. If you can leave an imprint with your finger without the dough sticking to it, its ready.
- To roll the dough, place a piece of parchment paper lightly sprinkled with flour on worktop. Use two pieces of 3/8 inch thick wood as guide (for thickness - cookies will have uniform/even thickness). Roll the dough placed in between these two wooden sticks. Cover dough with another parchment on top before rolling so dough wont stick to the roller. See pic below.
- Take half of your dough, place it onto the very lightly floured parchment paper, very lightly sprinkle some flour over the dough. Place your cut dough onto parchment paper covered cookie sheets & bake in preheated oven for 10-14mins depending on the size of the cookies. Avoid browning the cookies.
- After removing from the oven, let the cookies set on the cookie sheet for 2-4mins. Move them onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Tips: let cookies sit in a container on a paper towel overnight before decorating. This will help grab any extra butter so you don’t get that dreaded “butter bleed” after you’ve spent days decorating them.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food sugar cookie (plain - before dressing) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!