Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, use-up tomato soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Use-up Tomato Soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Use-up Tomato Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
This Classic Tomato Soup is rich with a velvety texture. It's easy to make with canned tomatoes, and perfectly suited for all of your grilled cheese dipping Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are best when the air turns crisp, the mornings are damp, and the days are short. Allow it to thaw overnight, or defrost it in the.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook use-up tomato soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Use-up Tomato Soup:
- Make ready 2 tbsp vegetable oil, preferably cold-pressed
- Prepare 1 onion, chopped
- Take 1 stick celery, chopped
- Take 3 cloves garlic, chopped (note that we really like garlic so you can cut down on this if you’re not an addict!)
- Prepare 1 carrot, diced
- Take 3 small new potatoes, washed but skins on and diced
- Take 1.25 kg ripe tomatoes, quartered and cores removed
- Get 1 tsp sugar
- Get 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Get 1 tsp dried oregano
- Take 1 tsp dried thyme
- Prepare 1.5 litres vegetable stock (I used “Marigold” bouillon powder)
- Take Salt
- Take Ground black pepper
- Get Crème fraîche (optional)
Tomato soup is a healthy, low-calorie comfort food. It is also a great way to warm up on a rainy day and it goes perfectly with grilled cheese sandwiches or Parmesan crisps. This recipe is for soup made from. This tomato soup recipe is easy and delicious.
Instructions to make Use-up Tomato Soup:
- Bring the oil to a medium-high heat in a stock pot or large saucepan and fry the onions for 3 minutes, only stirring if necessary to avoid sticking.
- Add the garlic, celery and carrot and continue to fry gently, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and cook for a further minute, stirring thoroughly but gently.
- Stir in the quartered tomatoes, sugar, tomato purée and herbs, then the stock and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a strong simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and season as wished. Add a little more sugar if you think needed.
- Whizz to desired consistency (or leave as is if preferred), sieving if there are any residual pieces of skin to remove. Serve piping hot with good bread or a crusty roll. Add a dollop of crème fraîche to each soup bowl if wished.
Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food. To make the tastiest tomato soup you'll ever experience wait until the tomatoes are at their most ripe Turn up the heat as high as it will go and wait until everything is bubbling, then turn the heat down to. Canning homemade tomato soup from garden tomatoes. Tomato soup from tomato paste/ How to use tomato paste. Add a little zing to canned tomato soup by blending with canned Italian-style diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and fresh ground pepper.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food use-up tomato soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!