Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, steak and kidney pies. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Steak and Kidney Pies is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Steak and Kidney Pies is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Heat a large frying pan with a little of the dripping or oil. Season the diced beef with salt and pepper. Fry in the pan until well coloured and completely sealed. Life out the meat and transfer to a large saucepan.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have steak and kidney pies using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Steak and Kidney Pies:
- Get 250 grams Plain Flour
- Make ready 250 grams Butter
- Make ready 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Salt
- Make ready 150 mls approx Water
- Prepare 500 grams Ox Kidney
- Make ready 500 grams Braising Beef
- Make ready 2 Beef Stock cubes
- Make ready 300 mls Water
- Get 1 large Onion
Cubes of beef kidney and steak are roasted with onions, potatoes and seasonings until tender. Flour is added and the meat is cooked a bit longer until all the juices have thickened with the flour. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan, and brown the beef all over. (You may need to do this in batches.) Set aside, then brown the kidneys on both sides in the same pan. Although it's called steak and kidney pie they need to rebrand the product pastry and gravy pie.
Steps to make Steak and Kidney Pies:
- Make the Pastry. Sieve the Flour into a bowl and add the Butter and salt. Mix with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add a little water at a time until the mix becomes a soft dough. Put in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, or while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut the Ox Kidney into small pieces, discarding any white parts, and place in a heavy saucepan.
- Dice the beef into small cubes, discarding any fat. Add to the saucepan.
- Slice and dice the Onion, add to the saucepan with the Stock Cubes and 300 mls of Water. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer, with a lid on, if you have one, for about 15 minutes.
- Place the pastry onto a floured board Cut off about 1/3 and put aside for lids. Roll out to an even sheet. Grease the inside of the tins you are using, then add the pastry, overlapping the sides. Brush the inside thickly with beaten egg, to prevent leakage. Fill the pies to near the top, using a slotted spoon, to drain excess gravy, then add a little gravy to each pie.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to make lids, trim excess off the sides and brush with beaten egg. Make 2-3 slots in the lid. Cook in a medium hot oven for about 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool and enjoy! Can be frozen.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan, and brown the beef all over. (You may need to do this in batches.) Set aside, then brown the kidneys on both sides in the same pan. Although it's called steak and kidney pie they need to rebrand the product pastry and gravy pie. They seem to have forgotten to add the steak and kidney. In a large frying pan brown the steak and kidney in the heated vegetable oil. Remove and put to one side.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food steak and kidney pies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!