Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, bahn-mi glazed salmon with pho broth risotto. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Bánh mì or banh mi (/ˈbɑːn miː/, /ˈbæn/; Vietnamese: [ɓǎjŋ̟ mî]) is the Vietnamese word for bread. In Vietnamese cuisine, it also refers to a type of short baguette with thin, crisp crust and soft, airy texture inside that is often split lengthwise and filled with various savory ingredients like a submarine. Andrea Nguyen, chef and author of Vietnamese Food Any Day, makes a char siu chicken banh mi in the MUNCHIES Test Kitchen.
Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have bahn-mi glazed salmon with pho broth risotto using 35 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto:
- Take 2-5 oz Salmon Steaks
- Make ready 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- Make ready 2 Green Onions, Chopped
- Take 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- Get 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Get 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Prepare 1/4 Cup Honey
- Make ready 6 Sprigs Cilantro, with Stem
- Prepare Vegetarian Pho Broth
- Prepare 8 Cups Water
- Take 2 Whole Onions, Cut in Half
- Make ready 1 Large Carrot, Split
- Take 2 Stalks Celery, Split
- Take 6 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- Make ready 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- Prepare Thumb of Ginger
- Prepare 5 Gloves Garlic, Smashed
- Take 2 Star Anise
- Take 2 Cloves
- Make ready 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Make ready Pickled Carrot and Daikon
- Get 1 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- Get 1/2 Cup Water
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Take 1 Tbsp Salt
- Get 1/2 Cup Carrot, Shredded
- Take 1/2 Cup Daikon, Shredded
- Prepare 2 Ice Cubes
- Take Risotto
- Get 1 Cup Arborio Rice
- Take 1/4 Cup Frozen Peas
- Take 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Take 2 Tbsp Butter
Risotto is such a quick and easy dish: the creamy rice is complemented here by the salmon and peas. Be careful not to overcook it, though, or it will be stodgy. It is important to serve risotto as soon as it is cooked, as it doesn't keep well on the heat - it becomes soggy. This Easy, Spicy Salmon Pho is a simple version of the traditional Vietnamese noodle soup.
Instructions to make Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto:
- In large pot, over medium heat, toast cinnamon, clove, and anise until fragrant. Remove spices, add small amount of oil, and place onions split side down until blackened. Add in water, spices, carrot, celery, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms. Heat to a boil, then turn down and simmer for 3 hours. Add soy sauce, simmer for 1 additional hour. Remove from heat, and strain. Pull out mushrooms, and set aside for risotto.
- In a blender or immersion blender cup, add all ingredients for bahn-mi marinade. Blend until all ingredients fully incorporated. Set aside and let mellow.
- In a small sauce pan, bring vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to boil. Remove from heat, and add carrot and daikon. Add an ice cube or 2, so they don't become mushy.
- Set sautée pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp butter, and after foaming stops add arborio rice. Toast, stirring occasionally until smelling nutty and around half the rice is lightly browned. Add in garlic and sautée until fragrant. Thinly slice mushrooms, and add with frozen peas. Add 1½ cups of pho broth, bring to a simmer, lower heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, and remove from heat, leaving covered. After 8 minutes, mount with 1 tbsp butter, stir, and cover.
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle olive oil over salmon and sprinkle with salt. When pan starts to smoke, place salmon flesh side down. Let sear for 4 minutes. Flip, and brush with bahm-mi glaze. Cook 2 minutes on skin side, and flip back to flesh side to glaze. Remove from pan, and brush with more glaze.
- Mold risotto into measuring cup, and smack onto plate. Press down slightly to compact and lower. Place salmon on top. Grab a good pinch of pickled veg, and place on top of salmon. Garnish with washed, picked cilantro leaves.
The broth recipe used as a base for my Salmon pho is a simplified version of this one, so I'll leave it up to you to choose which one to follow, they're very similar in terms of flavour. Sweet and savory molasses glazed broiled salmon with chili spice! This satisfying and wholesome dish is perfect for a quick and healthy home-cooked meal. The Beachcomber Cafe in Crystal Cove, CA catered our meal, and they made an incredible broiled salmon with maple glaze and ancho chili spice. Broiled salmon with a brown sugar and citrus glaze.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food bahn-mi glazed salmon with pho broth risotto recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!