Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken tikka masala. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Chicken Tikka Masala is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala–chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then served in a tomato cream sauce. Serve with rice or warm pita bread. Place the chicken on the grill, shaking off some of the excess marinade. Combine garlic, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, and cumin in a small bowl.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken tikka masala using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tikka Masala:
- Prepare 1 Clove
- Get 2 Cardamon Pods
- Take Small piece of Cinnamon (2cm)
- Take 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Take 1 tsp Mild Madras Curry Powder
- Get 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Salt
- Take 1 tsp ginger
- Take 1 garlic clove
- Get 3 tbsp sugar
- Get 1 tbsp natural yoghurt (not Greek style)
- Take 1 tbsp tomato purée (mixed with a little water)
- Make ready 4 tbsp coconut milk
- Prepare Handful fresh coriander
- Get 8 Chicken Tikka pieces (add more if desired)
- Take 100 ml Single Cream
- Get 1 portion base gravy (see my other recipes for this)
Authentic Chicken Tikka Masala is usually made with yogurt marinated chicken, skewered and chargrilled for incredible bbq flavours. For the sake of making this recipe much easier for us to make at home, we are using a skillet or pot to cook it all in, while still keeping those amazing flavours. Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
Instructions to make Chicken Tikka Masala:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cinnamon, cloves and Cardamon pods. Fry these for two minutes on a medium heat and then remove them from the oil.
- Add ginger, garlic and other spices to the oil. Cook for 1 minute and then add the tomato purée and cook for a further few minutes and the add the salt.
- Add a portion of base gravy (around 2 ladles full). You can find the recipient for the base gravy in my other recipes. Mix this together and then add the natural yoghurt and coconut milk. Reduce this to a thicker consistency and then add the sugar.
- Add in the pre-cooked chicken Tikka pieces and cook for a further 5 minutes. Start adding the single cream bit by bit until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add most of the coriander (keeping some back for dressing your dishes) and cook until the sauce is a slightly thicker consistency.
Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper, to taste. What is Chicken Tikka Masala This dish is made with chicken that gets marinated in a spicy curry sauce with plain yogurt and cooked with tomatoes, spices, and more plain yogurt. You can use breasts or thighs, and it's great served with rice.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chicken tikka masala recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!