Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, shepherds pie with garlic mash. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherds Pie with Garlic Mash is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Shepherds Pie with Garlic Mash is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink, breaking it up as it cooks. Add onions and garlic; cook until softened. Stir in flour, pepper, salt, thyme and savory. Add broth, water, worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and carrots.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherds pie with garlic mash using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherds Pie with Garlic Mash:
- Get 1 tbsp olive oil
- Take 3 lb potatoes peeled and chopped for boiling
- Take 500 grams minced beef or lamb
- Get 1 onion finely chopped
- Make ready 6 clove garlic peeled
- Take 1/2 lb carrotts peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Prepare 1/2 pints beef or lamb stock
- Get 1 large pinch of salt
- Take 100 ml milk
- Get 50 grams butter
- Get 100 grams grated cheese
In a bowl, mash the cooked potatoes, butter, cream and softened garlic. Over very, very low heat, mash the potatoes and garlic. Stir in the butter and cream cheese. Stir in the milk until desired consistency. (I like a pretty stiff mash for shepherd's pie.) Re-mash and mix to combine the cheese.
Instructions to make Shepherds Pie with Garlic Mash:
- You will need 2 good sized pans and a good sized ovenproof baking dish for this recipe.
- Put potatoes in a pan and add half the salt, add enough boiling water to cover them, put a lid on the pan and leave to simmer.
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until soft.
- Add the minced beef or lamb and cook for about 5 mins stirring often to brown the mince.
- When brown add the carrotts and cook for about 5 mins. Keep pan covered and stir occasionally.
- Add stock to meat mix. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes and meat cook you can prepare the garlic. What you you need to do is combine the garlic and salt to make a paste. You could use a garlic press, a knife or a pestle and mortar. Just make sure you smash the two together, it really brings out the flavour.
- By now your potatoes should be ready for mashing. Check by sticking the point of a knife into a couple of them. If it goes in easily they are ready.
- Drain potatoes and return to the pan. Add garlic paste, butter, milk and mash.
- Add the minced meat mix to the baking dish and evenly cover the base.
- Add the garlic potatoes to form an even layer on top of the mince. I do this by putting equal tablespoons over the top and then spreading them around to form an even layer.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 35 mins or until crust has browned.
- Serve with salad and a nice red wine. Enjoy.
Stir in the butter and cream cheese. Stir in the milk until desired consistency. (I like a pretty stiff mash for shepherd's pie.) Re-mash and mix to combine the cheese. Scoop the mixture on to of the shepherd's pie filling and top with another ½ cup of grated cheese. For the topping: In boiling salted water,cook potatoes with garlic until tender. Drain well and mash,beat in milk,salt& pepper.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food shepherds pie with garlic mash recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!