Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Get ● For The Chicken Noodle Soup
- Take 4 box (32 oz) Chicken Broth [with sodium- reserve 1]
- Prepare 3 large Chicken Breasts [de-thawed & fat trimmed]
- Take 1 small White Onion [quartered]
- Make ready 2 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- Get 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Take 1/4 tsp Celery Salt
- Make ready 1 tsp White Pepper
- Prepare 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Make ready 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- Take 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- Take 3 small Bay Leaves
- Take 2 cup Baby Carrots [halved]
- Prepare 1 small Splash Olive Oil
- Make ready 2 cup Celery [chopped with leaves]
- Make ready 1 (12 oz) Bag Wide Egg Noodles
- Get ● For The Optional Ingredients
- Make ready 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms
- Take 1/2 cup Fresh Basil
- Make ready 1/3 Cooking Sherry
- Take 3/4 Heavy Cream
- Get Optional Sides
- Prepare 1 box Croutons
- Take 1 loaf French Bread
Steps to make Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Author's Note: Keep chicken separated from other kitchen items and ingredients until boil to avoid any risk of cross-contamination.
- Also, dark chicken meat with the bone in [like that of chicken thighs, etc,.] make for a more flavorful soup. Just pull meat from the bone once they're fully cooked. I used chicken breasts since that's what I had on hand.
- Add everything together in a large pot except for your celery, carrots, noodles, 1 of your 4 boxes chicken broth and anything from the, "Optional Ingredients," category.
- Turn on high and boil for 35 minutes.
- Pull cooked breasts, quartered onions and Bay Leaves from broth. Discard onions and Bay Leaves. * Make certain your breasts are fully cooked and not pink in the middle. If they are, boil longer.
- Place celery and carrots into broth and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add egg noodles to your boiling broth. Boil 8 minutes longer, [or as per your noodle manufacturers recommendations] stirring regularly. There's no need for oil or salt even if recommended by the manufacturer. They're both already in your broth.
- Add shredded chicken. Also, add your reserved box of chicken broth if some or most of your original broth has dissipated. Boil 5 more minutes longer.
- If you find even more fluid is required, especially after refrigerating, just add tap water. There's plenty enough chicken flavor in this soup to add it and not alter the taste.
- Authors Note: You can add croutons to the side or crisp your bread in the oven if anyone's suffering from a scratchy throat.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a handle so it can be eaten while in bed. Also, serve with any absorbent bread of your choosing. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!