Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, sunday lunch lamb shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Growing up, whenever we had traditional roast lamb for Sunday lunch, we would have a traditional shepherd's pie using the leftover meat the next day. It's a real traditional British comfort food classic and it's still a favourite in our house today. A step-by-step guide to the British classic, perfect made with leftover roast lamb from the Easter Sunday lunch or from scratch with mince Felicity Cloake's shepherd's pie. The meat base of this dinner must be lamb in order to be called shepherd's pie.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sunday lunch lamb shepherds pie using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie:
- Prepare 1 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1 1/4 kg potatoes and sweet potatoe cut into small chunks. 50% each
- Make ready 1 onion finely chopped
- Take 3 clove garlic finely chopped
- Prepare 400 grams minced lamb
- Get 1 pinch salt and pepper to season
- Make ready 3 leeks cut into discs
- Prepare 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- Prepare 1/2 pints lamb stock
- Get 1 bunch fresh mint finely chopped
- Prepare 50 ml milk
- Prepare 25 grams butter
Like many British dishes, it developed as a way to use leftovers from a Sunday lunch — in this case, roast lamb. These days, shepherd's pie is commonly made using ground lamb. We call it Bibby's Shepherd's pie. For this Shepherd's pie, you're going to need the leftovers from a Sunday lunch lamb roast.
Instructions to make Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie:
- You will need two good sized pans and a large oven proof baking dish for this recipe.
- Put all potatoes into a pan add a little salt. Add enough boiling water to cover them. Put lid on and simmer.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add lamb and season. Cook until brown. About 5 mins. Stir occasionally.
- When brown put the lamb mince into the baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Pour over lamb stock.
- Make an even layer of broccoli and leeks over mince. They will cook in the oven.
- When potatoes are ready drain and return to pan. Add milk, butter, mint (leave some mint for later) and then mash.
- Form an even layer of mash over mince. Sprinkle a little mint on top.
- Put into a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 40 mins or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with salad and a nice white wine. Enjoy.
We call it Bibby's Shepherd's pie. For this Shepherd's pie, you're going to need the leftovers from a Sunday lunch lamb roast. If you don't have a go-to lamb recipe, this lamb shawarma is one the most popular meat recipes on the blog. The choice of vegetables depends largely on what's in your fridge. Instructions. potatoes: boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until fork tender.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food sunday lunch lamb shepherds pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!