Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, banana foster bread pudding. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Banana foster bread pudding is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Banana foster bread pudding is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Line the bottom of the dish with banana coins, then spoon about ½ of the soaked bread over them. This luscious dessert recipe combines two classics: banana's foster and bread pudding - a very delightful and rich dish. While the bread pudding is baking, heat up the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook banana foster bread pudding using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Banana foster bread pudding:
- Get 1 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- Prepare 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Make ready 6 firm ripe bananas
- Get 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- Make ready 1/2 cup dark rum
- Get 4 large eggs, lighty beaten
- Make ready 3 cup heavy cream
- Prepare 1 cup milk
- Take 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Get 6 cup day old bread[loaf](1/2 inch cubes)
- Take 8 tbsp butter
This is absolutely the best bread pudding recipe I have eaten. or prepared and I am crazy about bread pudding!! For kids you can omit the liquor although. Bread Pudding is a famous dessert in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Pour pudding into pan and mush all bread by hand so that the liquid is absorbed and the bread becomes very soggy.
Instructions to make Banana foster bread pudding:
- Lighty butter 10 by 14 inch pan
- Want to preheat oven at 350, I usually do that about an hour and half before we eat this so its still warm.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. after the butter melts add 1 cup of brown sugar and the cinnamon and stir until the sugar is disolved
- Add the bananas and cook both sides until soft and brown. then cut the bananas into half inch slices.
- Add the banana liqueur and stir to blend. carefully add the rum and tilt the pan to light the alcohol. shake back and forth to bast the bananas, until the flames die.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, remaining brown sugar, the cream, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Combine the banana mixture, bread, and cream mixture together. make sure all the bread gets coated and all blends throughly.
- Pour it into the baking dish and bake in the oven 50 minutes to an hour or until firm.
- When done remove and let cool for 20 minutes at least.
- Can serve with ice cream and a caramel sauce. I have added a recipe for a homemade caramel sauce. enjoy and I want to thank emeril lagasse for this recipe. it is a family favorite and asked to make for every holiday.
Be sure to flatten all of the lumps. I needed to make something that would tame my wildest of cravings; something so rich and delicious that I would think about it for weeks to come. But also, I needed something worthy of a celebration. Rich, scrumptious bread pudding dessert made with wonderful bananas foster flavors baked in and on top. Learn how to make Bananas Foster Bread Pudding.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food banana foster bread pudding recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!