Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, mike's spicy mexican sick day chicken noodle soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook mike's spicy mexican sick day chicken noodle soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Prepare 4 (14 oz) Cans Chicken Broth
- Make ready 2 Heaping Cups Pre-Cooked Shreaded Chicken [packed]
- Prepare 1 Can (28 oz) Green Tomatoes [aka Tomatillos - smashed by hand]
- Prepare 2 (4 oz) Cans Diced Hatch Green Chilies
- Prepare 1 Can (10 oz) ROTEL Tomatoes [with green chile]
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Mexican Oregeno
- Make ready 1 1/2 tbsp Ground Cumin [+ 1/2 tbsp reserves before serving]
- Prepare 1 EX LG Jalapeño [minced]
- Get 1 LG White Onion [chopped]
- Prepare 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves]
- Get 2 Stalks Celery [with leaves - chopped]
- Take 2 tbsp Fresh Garlic [minced]
- Get 2 LG Carrots [small chopped]
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Green Bell Peppers [minced]
- Make ready 2 tbsp Fresh Mexican Basil
- Take to taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Chicken Bullion Or Salt [feel free to add extra salt to this dish. your kiddos will definitely need a little encouragement to drink more fluids while sick. but still, ALWAYS refer to your pediatrician first]
- Get 1/3 Cup Mexican Beer [optional]
- Prepare Lemon Wedges [optional]
- Prepare 1 tbsp Lime Juice [or to taste + reserve wedges]
- Get Avocados [garnish]
- Make ready as needed Egg Noodles
- Make ready as needed Baking Soda [acid reducer]
Steps to make Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Small chop all of your vegetables and throw everything [except for anything listed as reserves, garnish or noodles] in a large pot. Boil on high for 20 minutes covered. Or, until your small chopped carrots are softened. They're your best [doneness] indicator.
- At 20 minutes, boil your egg noodles as per manufactures directions. Usually 7 minutes - in a separate pot. If not boiled in a separate pot, you'll dust up your soup with a carb clouded murky broth. Yuck! Do the same with your rice if you choose to employ it. Add 1 tsp salt and a dash of oil to your noodles and cover. Stir occasionally. Drain and add noodles to your soup. Do not rinse your noodles.
- ● Important Steps: Taste test your soup. If you feel your broth is too acidic based upon the high amounts of green/red tomatoes, jalapeños and lemon/lime juice, add a good pinch of baking soda while your soup is at a heavy boil. She'll foam up quite a bit she'll settle right down when stirred. So, no worries. Add another pinch of baking soda if you feel it's needed after a minute or so. Also, add additional 1/2 tbsp Cumin to your pot just before serving. You'll want that extra kick! Add water as needed for additional broth. Sick kids throats do appreciate their hot broth! I also add additional fresh chilled cilantro [my kids do love their cilantro!] and mix gently just prior to serving.
- Serve soup piping hot with chilled lime or lemon wedges, [both work quite well, especially on sore throats!] fresh cilantro, avocado slices, tortilla chips [if only to serve their scratchy little throats!] and fresh flour tortillas as an absorbent tummy filler. A dollop of sour cream is also a great addition if, they don't have upset tummies. Any creams will only curdle in their tiny stomachs. Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food mike's spicy mexican sick day chicken noodle soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!