Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, beef wellington. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef wellington is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Beef wellington is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Order A Gourmet Beef Wellington To Make Christmas Dinner Special, Or Send One As A Gift! Plenty of Beef Wellington to Choose From. Get the Latest in Beef Wellington. Remove from pan, and allow to cool completely.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have beef wellington using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef wellington:
- Make ready beef fillet
- Take mushrooms
- Make ready onion
- Make ready garlic
- Make ready white wine
- Prepare Prosciutto
- Make ready Puff pastry
- Make ready Thyme (sprig or dried)
- Make ready butter
- Take olive oil
Remove from the pan and leave to cool. Beef tenderloin is super delicious, but without bones or much marbling, it's not the most flavorful cut of beef in the world. Beef Wellington is a beef tenderloin coated with mushrooms, onions, and liver. Puff pastry encases the beef Wellington, making the outside buttery and crispy.
Steps to make Beef wellington:
- Salt and pepper beef
- Heat oil and butter in frying pan and seal the meat. 1 min on each four sides and 30sec for each end
- Place sealed meat in roasting tin and cook for 15min
- Finely chop mushrooms, onion and garlic
- In the same frying pan used for the meat, cook the onions and garlic. When browned add the mushrooms and thyme, and cook until the water has come out of the mushrooms and evaporated.
- Add the wine to the mushrooms and heat until that also has evaporated. Remove to frying pan and put in dish to cool.
- When meat has finished in oven, transfer to a plate and put in fridge for 20min
- Lay double strip of prosciutto on cling film. Spread half the mushroom mix on the prosciutto (leaving few cm from edge). Put meat in the middle and put remaining mushroom mix on top. Pull the prosciutto round the beef, making a parcel and keep wrapped in cling film. Put back in fridge for 5min.
- Put a sheet of grease proof paper on a baking tray. Cut a piece of pastry slightly bigger than the meat for the base and put in the centre of the baking tray. Take the cling film off and put the beef on the pastry. Lay the remaining pastry over the top. Trim and crimp. Cover with egg wash, then chill in fridge for 30min
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oc/180oC fan
- Cook for 30min until golden and crisp. Leave to stand for 10min before serving
Beef Wellington is a beef tenderloin coated with mushrooms, onions, and liver. Puff pastry encases the beef Wellington, making the outside buttery and crispy. It is the center cut portion of the meat that is known to be the most tender and juicy part of the cow. This decadent meat is sometimes on the pricy side and is made for special occasions or holidays. A traditional Beef Wellington consists of a beef tenderloin wrapped in layers of pâté, duxelles (a finely chopped mushroom mixture), parma ham, and puff pastry, then baked.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food beef wellington recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!