Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, beef wellington. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef wellington is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Beef wellington is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Order A Gourmet Beef Wellington To Make Christmas Dinner Special, Or Send One As A Gift! Remove from pan, and allow to cool completely. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and sear all over, including the ends,. Beef Wellington is a prime-time party food that makes a special-occasion menu shine.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have beef wellington using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef wellington:
- Get 500 g beef fillet
- Take 300 g mushrooms
- Make ready 1 onion
- Prepare 1 clove garlic
- Take 100 ml white wine
- Prepare 10 slices Prosciutto
- Make ready 1 packet Puff pastry
- Prepare Thyme (sprig or dried)
- Get 10 g butter
- Get 1 tbsp olive oil
Puff pastry encases the beef Wellington, making the outside buttery and crispy. Beef tenderloin is super delicious, but without bones or much marbling, it's not the most flavorful cut of beef in the world. Beef Wellington is a nice cut of meat, usually a fillet steak, beef tenderloin or filet mignon. It is the center cut portion of the meat that is known to be the most tender and juicy part of the cow.
Steps to make Beef wellington:
- Salt and pepper beef
- Heat oil and butter in frying pan and seal the meat. 1 min on each four sides and 30sec for each end
- Place sealed meat in roasting tin and cook for 15min
- Finely chop mushrooms, onion and garlic
- In the same frying pan used for the meat, cook the onions and garlic. When browned add the mushrooms and thyme, and cook until the water has come out of the mushrooms and evaporated.
- Add the wine to the mushrooms and heat until that also has evaporated. Remove to frying pan and put in dish to cool.
- When meat has finished in oven, transfer to a plate and put in fridge for 20min
- Lay double strip of prosciutto on cling film. Spread half the mushroom mix on the prosciutto (leaving few cm from edge). Put meat in the middle and put remaining mushroom mix on top. Pull the prosciutto round the beef, making a parcel and keep wrapped in cling film. Put back in fridge for 5min.
- Put a sheet of grease proof paper on a baking tray. Cut a piece of pastry slightly bigger than the meat for the base and put in the centre of the baking tray. Take the cling film off and put the beef on the pastry. Lay the remaining pastry over the top. Trim and crimp. Cover with egg wash, then chill in fridge for 30min
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oc/180oC fan
- Cook for 30min until golden and crisp. Leave to stand for 10min before serving
Beef Wellington is a nice cut of meat, usually a fillet steak, beef tenderloin or filet mignon. It is the center cut portion of the meat that is known to be the most tender and juicy part of the cow. This decadent meat is sometimes on the pricy side and is made for special occasions or holidays. A traditional Beef Wellington consists of a beef tenderloin wrapped in layers of pâté, duxelles (a finely chopped mushroom mixture), parma ham, and puff pastry, then baked. Yes, beef wellington can be prepped ahead of time, just be sure it's wrapped properly and refrigerated until baking.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food beef wellington recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!