Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, roscón de reyes - spanish christmas cake. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook roscón de reyes - spanish christmas cake using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake:
- Make ready Preferment
- Take 1/2 cup (120 ml) warm milk
- Make ready 4 g instant dry yeast
- Prepare 1 tsp sugar
- Make ready 2 tsp bread flour
- Make ready 💕For The Dough
- Make ready 4 cups (440 g) bread flour
- Get 1/4 tsp salt
- Take 50 g sugar
- Get 120 ml milk
- Get 3 eggs
- Take Zest of an orange
- Get 15 ml vanilla extract
- Prepare 1 tsp orange blossom water
- Get 60 g soft unsalted butter
- Prepare 💕Fillings
- Take 2 cups Pearl sugar (I used 80g)
- Take 150 g dried apricots
- Get 1/2 cups dried cranberries (soaked with 50ml Rum or orange)
- Get 💕For the decoration
- Make ready 1 egg yolk
- Take 30 ml milk
- Get 30 g almond flakes
- Get 30 g pearl sugar
Instructions to make Roscón de reyes - Spanish Christmas Cake:
- In a smaller bowl, Stir the yeast into the lukewarm milk & flour. Cover & let it double in size. (1)
- For the dough: In a standing mixing bowl with a dough hook, add flour, sugar, salt & (1), milk, eggs. Mix for about 10 minutes until the dough becomes fluffy. Meanwhile put orange zest, vanilla, butter and knead well until the dough is smooth & elastic. To enhance orange flavor, add a tsp of orange blossom water. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and leave in a moderately warm place to double in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a surface and knead for 3-4 minutes. - Flour the surface and roll the dough out to about 60 cm x 12 cm (24"x 5"). Sprinkle sugar, dried apricots, cranberries. Roll the dough very carefully. With a knife, cut the dough in half. Put one side over & over & make like a braid.
- Transfer the dough into a greased pan. Let the dough rest about 30 minutes then brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle pearl sugar on top of it.
- Preheat the oven at 170oC. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25-30 minutes – check after 15 minutes and cover with aluminum foil if the top gets too dark. The roscón should get a nice golden color on top. Take out of the oven and let cool down completely. Best served warm.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food roscón de reyes - spanish christmas cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!