Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, shepherd's pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make, you'll enjoy making it!
Shepherd's Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Shepherd's Pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shepherd's pie using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Make ready 450 Grams lamb minced
- Make ready 4 Cloves garlic , chopped
- Make ready 1 white onion , chopped
- Prepare 1/2 Cup peas frozen , thawed
- Get 1/4 Cup carrot , grated
- Get 1/8 Cup celery , finely chopped
- Make ready 1/4 Cup ketchup
- Get 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- Take 2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon oregano dried
- Make ready 1/2 Teaspoon thyme dried
- Make ready 1/4 Teaspoon basil dried
- Get 1 Tablespoon parsley , chopped
- Get salt
- Make ready pepper
- Prepare butter olive oil &
- Get 3 potatoes , large - sized , boiled
- Get 1/2 Cup cream
- Make ready 4 Tablespoons butter
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- Prepare 1/2 Cup cheddar cheese , grated
- Make ready salt
- Get pepper
However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling. In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies).
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Heat some butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the garlic and onion and sautee well.
- Add the minced lamb and break it up with your spoon. when the lamb is browned evenly add the peas, carrots and celery. mix well till the veggies are almost cooked through.
- Next, add the ketchup, tomato paste and worcestershire sauce. mix well. then add the dried herbs and stir to combine.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. then add the fresh parsley, mix a bit and take it off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. lightly grease a baking dish (i used pyrex) with butter. place the meat mixture in the dish and pat it down well, so it has an even, flat top. set aside.
- Peel and mash the potatoes with the cream and butter. add the salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Spread the mash over the meat in an even layer.
- Using a fork, make ridges all over the top of the potato crust (i TRIED to make a criss-cross pattern but i don't think i had much seccess with it!).
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for about 25 minutes, till the cheese is melted and golden.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie - AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) with vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes, and baked.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food shepherd's pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!